James chuckles.

You have no idea how great she is.

He thinks this version of him in wherever he is right now may have had the chance with Nadine that night.

Maybe it was a start.

Maybe.

'Did I mention why I brought her here?'

Bret thinks again.

'Uhm, yeah. I think you were just planning on hanging out or play some games. I dunno if...you were planning on doing something else.' He wiggles his brows suggestively to James. 'You don't really bring girls here just to 'hang out.'

'Well, Nadine is different. Maybe I really just wanted to hang out and not just sleep with her.'

Bret looks at him increduously. 'Wow. Now you're saying you just wanted to hang out with her? Shouldn't you be happy that you might actually have slept with her? Well, if it weren't for Julia though.'

Right. He might have slept with her.

Honestly, he's glad that didn't happen. He doesn't want this James to just sleep with her, which was very likely to happen because Bret mentioned how he treats girls.

'That's not all I want, man.'

James was able to return to work little by little. He started doing mall shows again. He remembers this is what he used to do with Nadine when they were first worked together. But the difference today is that he's doing mall shows just by himself.

His sudden disappearance didn't make his image look good to the public. Speculations were heard here and there. Management decided to just give him small events and projects to ease him in back before he stands under the spotlight again.

Since it took him quite a long time to recover from his situation, his and Nadine's teleserye needed to take different turn. The network couldn't cancel the show just because he couldn't work, they had to continue.

His character was told to be going away abroad for the meantime to find himself, breaking Nadine's character's heart in the process.

As part of this, another actor had to be paired with Nadine as her love interest. Their fans didn't take it too well at first, but after a few episodes, they couldn't deny that this new partnership has good chemistry, especially with the given roles. Strict mysterious boss, who is secretly a hopeless romantic over a loss love, falls for innocently charming stubborn employee, who he gives a hard time in work because of his undeniable attraction. The actor Paulo definitely plays the character well, especially with his sophisticated slick bachelor look.

James doesn't know about this though. He doesn't even know that he and Nadine had an on-going show before everything happened. When finally, the management and producers decided to bring James' character back to the show, James couldnt be more excited when he found out he's gonna be seeing Nadine at work all the time.

He could say he's getting better now since he and Nadine text each other every now and then. He started texting her simple 'good mornings' and they'd talk about simple things like the weather and work until she gets too busy. Honestly, that's what keeps him going. He even chooses to ignore how Nadine seems aloof and awkward in their messages. He needs her so much that even just a little from her will do. And now that he's gonna be seeing more of her, he's happiness cannot be contained.