- casual danger -

Start from the beginning

***

Elenora had heard the words, "Don't bore people with the details" many times in her life. From teachers, to foster parents, she had heard it all millions of times. The actual shopping part of this story doesn't matter, the fact that Elenora picked out black converse instead of white doesn't contribute to the story enough to be mentioned. Neither does the fact that she picked out a red shirt instead of a blue, or the gray sweater instead of the green.

What matters was what she was feeling.

Elenora had always been pretty skittish, her guard was always up, always prepared for a fight. It's just how she had grown accustomed to being on edge, it was just her thing. It was a good thing too, especially for the daughter of a superhero, who many people would like dead. After a while of the twirling in her stomach, her confidence in her safety had finally diminished.

"Natasha," she called nervously to the girl on her left. "I-I think something's wrong."

Natasha looked down worriedly at Elenora studying the creases of her her face. It wasn't a joke, Elenora was worried.

I suppose you could blame it on Natasha, she was raised a SHIELD agent, she should have subconsciously recognized the three men tailing her, should have noticed the patterns they took as the slipped in and out of the crowd. But she was so focused on being normal, letting Elenora be normal for just a few hours, she put Steve's kid in danger.

Natasha, of course, wasn't and person to just out and say she messed up, but then she glanced at Wanda, and Romanoff's gave it all away. "We've gotta get out," she said urgently. "He said under no conditions-"

"Get her!" A man yelled from the back, and Natasha looked at Elenora's head who had snapped forward. She had been watching the trailers, which was a bad beginning. If they knew it was her, they could only assume her companions were Avengers.

"Two-oh-nine," Natasha told Wanda. "I've got her, you get take position two."

Then Elenora was running alongside Natasha, who was gripping her hand so tight that Elenora was sure she was losing blood flow. The stores were a blur, they were passing by them so fast, but the men were gained.

"Natasha, maybe, ma-ybe I-I can," Elenora stumbled over her words, but Natasha quickly caught on.The agent gripped her shoulders and tugged her by the emergency exit with a staircase.

"Look, it's alright if you can't control them, I understand, but it's our best shot right now so," Natasha urged her to attempt to become invisible.

Elenora knew she had no control over them, and was aware that the chances of her doing it was slim. But the thing was, she could have. She could have turned invisible and hell, she could have taken Natasha visibility too, but she was scared. She was always scared and nervous, and after about forty-three seconds, Natasha felt bad for even letting her try.

"Come on, we've gotta go," Natasha told her.

Elenora disappointment in herself wasn't even masked as she sped down the stairs with Natasha by her side.

***

When they reached Stark's place, the news had gotten to everyone. Tony and Clint were talking (fairly aggressively, might I add) while Steve, Bucky and Nick were all in a heated argument in by the dining table. Peter, who had been called to the Tower's for safety precautions, was seated next to Pietro, both of which seemed very uneasy. Peter was biting his fingernails, and Pietro was mutter something unhearable.