Chapter Nine

Previously:

" "very pretty."  He walks up to me and garbs a lock of my hair, "where did you get her?" He asks, Axel just gives him a dirty look. "you better answer me boy, or I will end your life." he growls.

Axel just looks up at him, "I got her at a school."

"you like them underage, huh?"

"no she's 18." He says annoyed.

Actually I'm only 17, but okay.

"are you sure?" He says smiling at me. I know who he is, I just can't piece it together.

"actually, I'm only 17." I correct, The guy looks like he knows my actual age.

The man lets out a loud laugh, "looks like you can do illegal things." He says giving him a wink.

I scrunch up my face in disgust.

"Back to the order of business, Kyson." The old guy says.

He pulls out a gun and in a matter of thirty seconds I see my only friend get shot.

His body falls into the cold, hard wood floor. Blood starts pouring out of his chest. His eyes flutter as he gasps for air.

I fall to my knees and hold his head in my hands. "Kyson?" I whisper and blood starting coming out of his mouth.

I winch at the large amount of blood. "Lottie," he chokes. "There is a way for you to leave..." He whispers/chokes out.

I just hold him and begin to cry. I feel a pair of arms on me, they try to pry me off Kyson But I hold on to him.

His blood staining my hands and clothes. The arms pull me harder.

I kick and scream, my arms latched around him.

He was my only friend, he died because of me.

"Let him go now!" The rough voice commands.

In that instant I knew who it was."

Back to the book.

-

"You hear me Charlotte!" Joey's dad screams at me.

I continue to hold him in my arms, making eye contact with him while he gasps for air.

"Please." He chokes out, once again. I let our a whimper.

"Kyson." I cry. I begin to look frantic at the group that surrounds Kyson, and I.

"Someone! Please help." I scream, by now, Kyson's blood has gone cold, and he stopped breathing, But his eyes were still open and I was now making eye contact with my only friend.

He was gone.

Forever.

My body fell limp, and someone tore me away from Kyson, but I continued making eye contact with him.

A bit later I fell asleep, or I thought I did.

I just laid there with my eyes open because every time I closed them I couldn't get the image of his cold dead eyes staring right back at mine.

I shudder, the room I was placed in, suddenly got cold.

Axel had placed me in his room, instead of the room he made me sleep in.

I stare back at the ceiling.

I feel a hand touch my leg and my body jerks.

Only slightly.

"hey...how are you holding up?" Axel asks, I continue staring at the ceiling. y

"You've got to be kidding me. How am I holding up? Do you not understand how big of a deal this is? My only friend, the only person, who was willing to die, to help me leave, just got shot. And all you have to say is 'how are you holding up?' I hate you so much Axel. I don't understand how anyone could even live the way you do. It is literally murder, and drugs and death. God, for all I know, I could be living with a murder."

I thought of saying . Instead I just said nothing and stared at the ceiling. Wishing Axel would just disappear and leave me alone forever.

I knew that wasn't going to happen. Like I knew escaping wasn't going to happen either. Or ever leaving, and I don't know how long I will be stuck here.

you're probably going to die here my subconscious says,

Great now, I'm going crazy.

I wonder what day it is.

Or month.

I just want to see Kyson again.

"Hello?" Axel says. I turn my head slightly, he looks concerned. "You look really pale, and its concerning me." He says, like my only friend didn't just get shot.

Oh my god.

I killed someone.

He died because of me.

I'm just like him.

I'm a murder.

I let out a large sob, soon my sobs fill the large room.

My body shakes and I begin to get dizzy.

I killed my best friend.

"Woah" I hear. "Breath." I hear again, "Please calm down Lottie." He says.

I scream, "Only he can call me that."

Axel jumps at my tone and his face fills with pity.

"I'm sorry."

I scream again, not even knowing that I was gonna scream.

This time Axel walks over to the other side of his bed, lays on the blankets, and looks at me.

He was observing me.

"I know, how you feel." He says. "That's part of the reason I joined the gang."

"My twin brother was killed right in front of me. Literally two feet in front of me. and That's not why I joined the gang, because my brother was shot. No, the reason fro joining the gang was to protect my family." He pauses, he takes a shaky breath. "The past gang leader promised that his gang would, keep my family safe if I joined the gang. That's why, I'm in the gang. But the part I didn't sign up for was becoming a gang leader. " He stops. His eyes are watery, and he looks scared. "I swear, I didn't mean to kidnap you. It was just all apart of his plan." He whispers the last part.

I take a deep breath, closing my eyes for only a second.

"Charlotte?" Axel asks softly.

I look at him, my body turning slightly.

"Princess, I'm so sorry for what happened with Ky-" I wince at the mention of his name.

I don't bother ignoring the pet name he called me by. I mean after all I am forced to date him.

"Also, I want you to be mine for real. Because I really do care about you." he says softly.

I nod, I mean if I'm gonna be stuck in a house with a gang leader I might as well roll with it.

_____

Hey guys!

I'm so sorry for the slow updates, I've had writers block really bad.

I was thinging about maybe doing a character Q&A, but probably not.

Also can you guys please comment your thoughts and options more?

I love feedback, also if you guys ever have ideas about how to improve the story, message me! I don't bite.

bye loves, carter. (yes, I meant to keep that lowercase, I like how it looks.) :)