Chapter One

You know in the movies when the girl gets kidnapped from watching a super sexy gang leader kill some guy in a/an alley?

Well I wish that was the case with me, but of course it was not the case.

Let me start from the beginning.

>

"Charlie you need to get up!" My mother screams from the bottom of the stairs, groaning, I roll out of bed and onto the floor.
"Charlie get off the floor!" My mother yells once again.

"Urgh! I'm up woman!" I yell back standing to my feet.

"Do not call me woman!" She says back.

"Don't call me Charlie!" I say rudely.

"Get ready, I don't have time for this." She screams one last time.

I roll my eyes and head over to my closet. Finding clothes is very easy considering two reasons, one I do not care what people think of what I wear, and two I don't have a lot of clothes.

My family isn't exactly what you call rich, my dad works in a office somewhere and my mom stays at home. My dad doesn't like it when women work, he thinks he can do it all by himself, and my mom just doesn't like working. My moms side of the family isn't rich but they love my mom for marring my dad because of his money.

gold diggers

I change out of my sweats and my tank top into some leggings and my brothers Yale hoodie, my brother Andy died a few years back, he was coming from my sixteenth birthday, when he saw a bunch of people trying to help a family, so he pulled over to try to help them and they where screaming that their little son was stuck and couldn't get out, but the car was upside down and was about to catch in flames. He tried to get the little boy, but he couldn't, so the car burst in flames with him and the boy in it. The little boys name was Scott, he was four and a half.

"I am not messing around anymore! Get down here now!" My mother screams, from outside my door, bringing me from my thoughts.

I roll my eyes, and grab my vans from my closet and run down the stairs.

When I finally get to the bottom of the stairs, my mother has a plate of breakfast for me.

"Thank you mommy!" I say jokingly. She laughs and I sit at the table.

While I eat breakfast my dad waltzes into the kitchen and my mother hands him his plate, he gives her a swift kiss and sits at the table along with me.

"so Ruth, how are classes going?" He asks, a eyebrow raised.

With my mouth full I give him a smile and stick my thumbs up at him, he playfully glares at me.

"Get to school!" my mom says, and I take one last drink of my orange juice.

Rushing out the door, I grab my black leather type backpack, and start my walk to school.

>

At school

My house is only a couple of blocks from the school, and I hate taking the bus, so walking it is.

When I make it into the building, I am greeted by some people. At school I'm not hated actually, I get along with my classmates well.

I open my locker and that's when I get the feeling that someone is  watching me. Crazy, I know. I turn around anyway and am face to face with Joey, my best friend.

"Joey!" I squealed. He had to go on a vacation thing for his family or something.

He wraps his arms around my waist tightly. I take a deep breath to take in his scent, I missed him.