Eve's POV

Eve's POV

Kay, time to check on my girl, Noel again, I thought.

I mumbled a spell and waved my wand and soon I was in someone's living room, I'm guessing Demi's, but I dropped like a lump of coal onto the carpet on my back, but I thanked Rudolph it was carpet, instead of wood flooring.

Suddenly, I heard a small dog's whimper. I looked to my left and found a small white dog limping its way to me.

Shoot! Animals are Christmas fairies' weakness. We can't be seen by them or we won't be able to turn ourselves invisible, especially around humans.

That's our number one rule. Never let non-wishees see you. We don't want the human world to know about us.

I tried to tell it to be quiet and go back to sleep, but I didn't want to shoo it away with my wand or it would've gotten even more hurt. It looked like it's been through enough pain.

I flew backwards around the room telling it to leave me the heck alone, but it wouldn't. Even on a limp, it'd still catch up with me. The dust my wings gave off, landed on the dog's nose, and it tried rubbing it off with its paw. Oh my God, this puppy is beyond cute. I held in a laugh. I didn't want to wake up Demi.

Eventually, my back bumped into something prickly and I heard a soft thud. I turned around and I saw a tall pine tree with purple, blue, and silver ornaments and lights around it. I looked down and I found a blue ball ornament on the carpet. Thank Rudolph, it didn't break. I gave a deep sigh of relief.

Soon the living room's lights came on and I quickly turned my head and saw a young woman around 20 in pajamas leaning on the door frame, rubbing her eyes. I stood frozen in my spot.

Demi's POV

I woke up to the sound of the Maltese barking. I turned on my iPhone that was underneath my pillow and saw it was almost a quarter to three.

'This early in the morning?', I thought

I sighed and tried not to wake up Noel beside me as I made my way downstairs to see what was going on.

I stood in the doorway of the living room, leaned on the frame, and felt for the switch on my left. I turned on the light and saw the Maltese, but also a floating glowing thing.

As I got closer and crouched down a little, I saw it was a fairy and she had a shocked look on her face. I matched her expression but with a confusing look. I mean, I was seeing a living fairy in my house! Weren't they supposed to be a myth or something?

It still stood in thin air with a bit of offended look on its face, as if reading my mind.

It awkwardly forced a smile, waved, and asked, "What's up, Demi?"

If you're curious of why I'm updating so much, one of the reasons is that power is out in my area and I just came back from charging my phone at a local grocery. Call me crazy but I hear we won't be getting any power for the next few days.

Also cause I had writer's block :(

Also I will be putting up a couple of poems for my Stay Strong poem collection right now. :)