The first day of school

"Ughhhh... The first day of school... AGAIN! Why won't school just stop for more than 3 months?" Clary looked at Simon, furious that summer ended and they have to sit in the classrooms -that sometimes didn't smell very nice. 

Clary had a good explanation to be angry. School started just before her birthday this year. The teachers thought that it would be better for all the students, that school started about a week or so earlier.

"Calm down Clary, it is not the end of the world." Simon laughed at how angry Clary was getting and how her face was almost the same color as her hair, which is red.

"I just don't get it. We go to school for about 15-17 years, then we apply for a job and may I remind you that we have to go to work for the rest of our LIVES!" Clary was ranting on and on and on until Simon zoned out and Clary had to wave her hands infront of his face.

"Did you even hear what I was talking about? Because my rant is over and you almost walked into that tree." Simon looked infront of him and saw the tree a few inches away from his face.

"Well, it is kind of hard not to zone out while you're ranting about the same thing for more than 10 minutes." Simon defended himself.

"Hahaha, very funny Lewis." Clary fake laughed.

"Okay, I know that I'm a funny guy, but we should go and get our books for this year. Remember that we didn't get our books at the end of the year, like we usually did for the last like five years?" Simon acknowledged and started to walk faster, Clary was practically jogging beside him.

"You do remember that I can't keep up with your long legs, right?" Clary asked, already out of breath.

"No, I don't recall you saying that to me." Simon stopped and looked down at her.

"Now you're just mocking me." Clary looked up and punched him in the chest.

"That is absolutely right Clary, I am mocking you and to top it all of, for being a nice guy, I will carry you so that we won't be late to class." Simon smiled sweetly at her and motioned to get on his back.

"Thank you Simon. What would I do without you?" Clary laughed and jumped onto Simon's back.

XXX

"Okay, since we now have our books we don't have nothing to do until 10 o'clock. What shall we do?" Clary asked Simon and forgot that they have different schedules.

"Actually my class starts in about five minutes..." Simon looked at Clary apologetically.

"Oh yeah, right... I forgot about that." Clary frowned, but shook it off. Atleast she can work on her sketches in silence.

"I'm sorry Clary, but I have to go. See you later!" Simon said as he walked down the hallway to get to his class.

Now that Clary was alone, she looked at her phone. It was 8:30 am and she didn't have anything to do. She started drawing and sketching. 

Time flew by like she hadn't noticed before. As she looked at her phone she was shocked to see that her class started in 2 minutes. Clary started running down the halls and searching for her classroom. It was 1 minute before class started and she was just in time.

"Hi Clarissa. I see you are just in time. Go take a seat." Clary's teacher Mr. Starkweather said.

"Okay." Clary looked where to sit and saw that only one spot was open. It was next to a new blonde haired boy. 

Clary took a seat and started to listen to what Mr. Starkweather was saying.

"So, we have a new student in our class. Please stand up and introduce yourself." Mr. Starkweather said.