Prologue: An Introduction To Everything In Between

Heiress Hotel,
Las Vegas, Nevada

|Glaiza|

I looked through the windows of my opulent suite. I could see the spectacular view from up there. The sight of the Sin City at night was incredible, breathtakingly beautiful. Nothing could compare to the skyline of Las Vegas. I could see the best spots of the world in almost one glance -- from Venice, to the Eiffel Tower of Paris, to the Lady of Liberty of New York, to Caesars Palace of Rome, to Monte Carlo, to The Great Pyramid of Egypt, and the impressive dancing fountain of the Bellagio -- it was simply amazing.

It was almost midnight but still, the Las Vegas Strip was full of people -- locals and tourists just leisurely walking the long roads, going from one hotel and casino to another. Each hotel was ostentatiously decorated, each one unique, grandiose and breathtaking. No doubt, the Sin City was one of my favorite places in the world.

I looked at my empty bed and shook my head as I picture a beautiful woman on top of it. The only woman my heart recognized.

It's been six years but the memories of her still linger. Malinaw ko pa din syang naaalala sa lahat ng lugar na puntahan ko na may kaugnayan sa kanya. Sa villa, in my penthouse, sa opisina ko sa DCC and now here in my suite in Heiress Hotel where we shared our first night as a married couple.

I know she's happy with her new life now, a life that she chose for herself. Some normal life that she's been dreaming of, a life away from me and from all the things that hurt. And how I wish I can say the same thing, that I myself was also happy with my life and that I finally moved on. But that would be cheating because the torment of being alone for the past years still kept breaking me, shattering every part of me into pieces. Truth is, never for one moment did I learned to forget her, not even a single detail about her ... about us. I guess deep down in my heart, I don't really wanted to forget because that's the only thing that keeps me alive ... our memories when she was once mine is the only reason why I still breathing until now.

I took the glass of Bourbon on my mouth and drink it in one swallow. I slightly wince as soon as the liquor touched my throat.

For years, alak ang naging sandigan ko sa mga panahong pinapatay ako ng kalungkutan at pagkamuhi sa sarili. Knowing that I deserved all the suffering, for being a complete mother fucker. Until now, my conscience is still bugging me. Hindi ko alam kung hanggang kailan ako makokonsensya sa pagkawala ng dalawang buhay ... dalawang buhay na dapat sana ay kukumpleto sa pinangarap naming pamilya ng babaeng walang ibang inisip kundi ang mahalin lang ako. Maybe I will take it to my grave or to the life after that, just like my love for her ... endless.

***

Some secluded part of England

|Rhian|

"Hello beautiful."

From my daily planner, my eyes went to the guy standing infront of me. He leaned over and gave me a quick kiss on the lips. I was caught surprised but I decided to let it pass.

"This is for you, different varieties without the roses, just like what you prefer." He's smiling while handing me a bouquet of flowers, different kinds indeed. I always love to received flowers but roses is another thing for it only brings back memories from my forgotten past.

"Thanks." I murmured.

Nakangiting tumango lang ito.

"And these are for the kids." Sabi nito matapos ibaba ang isang malaking kahon ng laruan sa mesa ko.

"Jason, you're spoiling them too much --"

"Oh, come on baby, this is nothing compared to all the joys they're giving me. Besides, I know how much they wanted to have this Xbox. You even told me they're bugging you to buy one, remember?"

"Which I don't indulged." I snap.

"Baby, this is just a toy, na para din naman sa mga bata. Pag-aawayan pa ba natin 'to?"

I sigh. "I'm sorry. I'm just tired, I guess."

"Yeah, I know you are." Lumigid ito sa kinauupuan ko at marahan akong minasahe sa mga balikat. Masarap sa pakiramdam ang ginagawa nya, I felt my nerves started to relax.

"Feeling better?" I heard he asked.

"Uhm ..." I respond. Napapikit ako para muli ding mapadilat dahil may isang imahe na mabilis na sumingit sa isipan ko.

"Jason, stop." Mabilis kong pinigil ang kamay ni Jason na kasalukuyan nang naglalakbay patungo sa dibdib ko.

Tumayo ako mula sa pagkakaupo at hinarap ito. Alam kong nabigla ito sa naging reaksyon ko but then again, I didn't did it on purpose.

"I'm sorry." I said apologetically.

I saw a glimpse of frustration in his eyes but it vanished quickly as if it never happened. Pagkatapos ay muling sumungaw ang ngiti sa mga labi.

"I understand." Kibit balikat na sagot nito.

He always said that and now I'm starting to feel guilty. Jason is nothing but good to me and I'm such a heartless bitch for always turning him down.

"No, Jays. I know it's not cool and --"

"You know what's cool? Let's go out of town this weekend." He said quickly.

"But Jays --"

"Rhian, come on, the kids needed to breath some fresh air. Especially Caiden, he badly needed it, remember?"

I took a deep breath then nod.

"That's my girl." Malapad ang ngiting sagot nito.

***

A/N:

It's just a teaser guys. Let me know your thoughts. I might published the first chap tomorrow if I received positive feedbacks. =)

Ctto for the edited photo that I used. I saw it in RRO and thought I could used it. Thanks, whoever you are.