Chapter Thirty Nine

Wayne's POV

"Wayne, mag-usap muna tayo. Pag-usapan natin 'to." Her voice quivered with tears as she clutched onto my arm. "Please, Wayne..."

"There's nothing to talk about." I harshly pulled my arm away from her. I tried to keep a stoic front, trying to cover up the hurt and anger that wanted to explode.

"Pansamantala lang ito. Huwag mo naman gawin sa akin ito." She begged.

That was the straw that broke the camel's back. My head snapped to her direction. "Don't you fucking dare tell me na huwag kong gawin sa'yo ito. Wala kang karapatan dahil ginawa mo din sa akin ito! You left me without even a proper goodbye."

"I— I'm sorry. Alam mong mabigat din sa loob kong iwan ka noon." Tears began to roll down her cheeks.

"Mabigat din sa akin itong gagawin ko but I can't do this anymore, Tanya... I'm fucking tired..."

"Mahal kita, Wayne. Mahal na mahal kita."

"No, do not tell me that! Everytime you tell me that I believe you and you still fucking left me like I was nothing. I don't even know how you can say that to me. If this is what you call love then I don't want it! I'm tired of waiting around for your head and heart to make an agreement. It shouldn't be this hard, Tanya."

"Wayne..." She sobbed.

I turned my back and marched to the door.

"Daddy Wayne." Therese ran up to me when i got out of the room. She took my hand and tried to pull me but I stood still. "Let's feed Snow White and Clifford."

"Hey." My voice croaked, bending one knee to level with the little girl. "I'm sorry, munchkin. I need to go."

"Where are you going?" Her forehead crumpled. "Can I come with you?"

"No, you can't. I'm not going to live here anymore. I'm going back to my house." I sighed, trying to ease the heaviness in my chest.

"You're not going to come back?"

I shook my head. " But I'll visit every now and then. I'd still take you out if your Mommy will let me. I promise."

"But why?" The little girl pouted and her eyes began to water.

"I can't explain it to you now, munchkin. Please, don't cry." I gently wiped away the tears that formed in the corners of her eyes.

"Daddy, please don't go..." Her voice shook.

I tightly shut my eyes and took in a deep inhale. "Promise me you'd take care of yourself, your Mommy and your pets. I have to go."

I gave her a kiss on the forehead before I stood up. I had only taken one step when she grabbed me by the wrist. "Daddy Wayne, don't go. Don't leave me..."

"I'm sorry, munchkin." I could feel the lump forming in my throat when she begged and cried for me. She refused to let go of me. I tried to pry her hands away from me but when I finally did, she wrapped her arms around my waist.

"Therese, I can't stay here. I'm sorry..." I said trying to pull her away from me but each time she just hugs me tighter.

"Therese..." Tanya finally walked up to us, her eyes swollen and red with tears. She pulled Therese away from me and held her. Our gaze met each other for a moment, her eyes were bared to me showing pain. Tears began to film her eyes again and that was when she looked down, breaking the gaze.

"I don't want Daddy Wayne to go." Therese was now crying and sobbing, her words almost incoherent.

I turned to the door and made my exit. My hands balled into fists, trying to keep my emotions in. I left what we had for the sake of my heart. My heart had been beaten to a pulp that I started to feel numb, hollow. I didn't know if it could take another blow. The longer I stayed, the more pain I had to endure when it came to the end.