Chapter Sixteen

Wayne's POV

"Please, Wayne, tama na..." Tanya said, her eyes were begging as she wrapped her arms around my torso.

My face softened at her expression. I felt my emotions going wild, anger and hatred pumped through my veins but just one look from her... that was all it took, one look and I could feel my all my anger melting into a pool of tenderness.

She must've noticed me softening up and her tight hold on me loosened up.

"Sabihin mo nga sa akin. Magaling ba siya kaya baliw na baliw ka sa kanya?" The fucker sneered. What he said made blood go up my head. All I saw was red as my eyes narrowed at him. My jaw clenched and my hands balled into fists.

Before I knew it, I was bending over and holding the asshole by the collar. I yanked him up and pushed him against the wall.

"Wayne!" Tanya shrieked.

"The next time I hear you talk about Tanya that way, I will fucking kill you. Do you understand?" I said through ragged breath. I shook him and shoved him against the wall again, forcing his head against the sheetrock with a hard thud. "Do you fucking understand?"

"Umalis na tayo, please." Tanya said in a small voice as she held on to one of my arms. I let go of the asshole and quickly grabbed Tanya by the wrist. I pulled her to where my car was parked. I opened the door to the passenger's seat and guided her in before slipping into the driver's seat.

"Are you okay?" I said, cupping her face in the palms of my hand.

She forced out a smile and nodded her head.

"How did that asshole even become your friend?" My jaw clenched, as my whole body shook in anger.

"Hindi naman siya ganyan dati. Mabait si Luis sa akin noon." She bit her bottom lip.

I lowered my head to kiss her on the forehead before pulling away and looking into her eyes. "I won't let anyone hurt you."

We went to my condo where she cooked dinner for us and we ate together. Although I'd known her for only a fraction of my life, she easily became the most important person in my life. She was everything to me. She was the reason I was happier at that moment in my life than I had ever been before and I was so grateful for that.

She was sitting comfortably on the floor of the living room while she wrote on a paper on top of the coffee table. She was so absorbed in what she was doing that she hadn't noticed I was watching her. I sat on the floor with her and encircled my arms around her waist.

"What are you doing?" I asked, resting my chin on her shoulder.

She turned her head to me. "Tinatapos ko lang 'tong homework ko."

"Mm..." I nodded my head before giving her a kiss on the shoulder.

"Ikaw? Wala ka bang homework?" She asked. "Gusto mong tulungan kita?"

"Nah, they can wait." I answered.

"Eh ano'ng gusto mong gawin?" She put her pen down and shifted so that she was facing me.

"I want to talk." I said.

"Tungkol saan?"

"Anything under the sun." I smiled, fondling carressing the sides of her waist. "Tell me about yourself."

"Ako si Tanya Helaine Andrada, eighteen years old, 2nd year college, at mahal na mahal ko si Wayne Cameron St. Croix." She said with a huge smile on her gentle face. I love the way her eyes lights up whenever she smiles. I hope she knows everytime she does that, my heart skips a beat, that something I hadn't named yet coils a little tighter in my stomach. She was perfect, and she was mine and I wouldn't trade her love for anything.