"If you're busy, I can come by later." Elena says as she starts to move away from the door.

       Zander proceeds to also check Elena out as he grabs her arm briefly. "It will just take a moment." He says. "Do you want to wait inside?"

       "I'm fine out here, but thank you." Elena says as Zander disappears behind a corner of his room. Moments later he emerges in a short sleeve button down.

       As they walk back to Elena's room, Zander decides to make conversation. "So what's a girl like you doing in a place like this?" He asks.

       "A girl like me?"

       "You just seem like you've got your whole life figured out." Zander says. "The girl with the big dreams."

        Elena chuckles. "You have no idea how much I wish that were true." She says as they finally make it to her room. "So this is it." She opens the door and they both step inside.

       Zander proceeds to check the AC, kneeling. Later, he stands and wipes his hands together. "So it looks like you just need a filter change." He says.

       "That's it?" Elena asks and he nods. "Wow, I feel dumb." She says as he chuckles.

       "And remember to keep the AC at 70 degrees or above or it'll start to rattle." Zander says.

      "Thank you." Elena says as Zander turns to leave. "Wait." She says and he turns to face her. "I don't mean to be informal, but I was wondering...would you like to have a drink with me tonight? I just need to distract myself from my life right now."

       Zander smiles. "I would love that." He says and Elena smiles back.

PARK
[ ☼ ]

        "You seriously jumped out of a window? What if somebody saw you?" Caroline asks.

       "I know, I know. I panicked. I don't know." Elena says pacing back and forth.

       "Look. He's been trapped inside alone for months." She says. "He just wants to see you."

       "Look. I get how I'm supposed to feel, but I know how I actually feel and I'm happy now." Elena says. "What if I look at him and my old feelings break through the compulsion."

       "Well, they won't, but even if they did, is that such a bad thing?"

        Elena sighs. "Yeah. I started over just like you did, Ok? I made a smart choice for myself and for my future." She says. "Care, I got asked out on a date."

       "Oh, please forget that you told me that and definitly do not tell Dean that." She says.

       "Because he's gonna kill him right just like he killed that guy!"

       "I was gonna say because he'll be heartbroken." Caroline says. "Listen what do you want to do? I mean, you have to see him eventually.

       "I know, but I just don't think eventually can be today, all right?" Elena says. "I'm not...I'm just not..ready. I got to go."

BUNKER MAIN ROOM
[ ☼ ]

        Sam comes down from the hallway and finds Dean drinking whisky. "So...how the hell are you?" He asks, sitting in the chair across from Dean.

       "Well let's see, Sammy...I clawed my way out of the dark only to find out that Alaric, rather than doing anything about it, decided that it was the best use of his time to compel my beautiful and lovely girlfriend to forget that she ever loved me...Heh...I'm great...Sam...Thanks for asking." He says sarcastically and drinks his whisky.

       "Look, Dean..." Sam starts.

       Dean cuts him off. "I know she was a train wreck without me but a full mind erase, seriously?" He asks.

       "She loved you too much, and it was killing her."

       "Well, I'm flattered, but I'm back..." Dean takes his feet off the desk quickly and leans toward Sam. "...so let's get this uncompulsion on the books huh."

        "Fine, as soon as Elena tells Alaric that's what she wants." Sam says.

       "Right. Here's the thing. She's not gonna want to be uncompelled." Dean says.

       "I know, and I'm sorry." Sam says.

       "Sorry?" Dean asks. "She won't even see me, Sammy. I'm losing my mind."

       "I get it, Dean but she's happy, and we're not gonna take that away from her until she asks Alaric to."

       "It's not like I don't want Elena to be happy." Dean says finishing his drink. "I just want her to be happy with me."