Preview To Bring It Back (Andrew Lincoln Romance)

From the moment I met Andrew I was swept off my feet to say the least. Hook line and sinker. I didn't stand a chance. Before he opened his mouth and one gorgeous accented word spilled forth I was a goner. Just the sight of him drew me in making me weak in the knees. I like every other warm blooded female in a 50 yard radius could stare dreamily into those insane baby blue eyes for hours. Charismatic, genuine and an idealist Andrew seemed to have it all. He was larger than life even back then. Back when his last name was Clutterbuck.....before the fame and success.

God that seems like a life time ago. In truth it nearly was. We had met through school just as we were both starting our lives. Venturing out into the world of adulthood as it were. Long before we became proper adults and the possibilities seemed endless. We were both attending the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London. I was interested in the the technical side of the field and wanted to become a stage manager or director. Andrews larger than life magnetic personality demanded centre stage. Constantly the life of the party, the centre of attention, Andrews life seemed to just flow as if he was blessed.

For the first six months I drooled endlessly unnoticed by Andrew despite the fact we had several classes together. A quiet relentless infatuation that haunted me day after day. To this day I still can't put my finger on exactly what it was about him that I couldn't get past. That I seemingly just couldn't let go of. It was indeed be the crush that wouldn't fade turning into unknown love. My biggest secret that I would keep for years to come. Denying the way I truly felt would become second nature and a habit. While Andrew would play the staring role in all my fantasies and day dreams I had yet to make a blimp on his radar.

It was half way through first term when the auditions began for the production of William Shakespeare's famed play Hamlet. The who's who of the acting department tried out for various roles while the back stage applied for positions in a manner similar to job interviews.

It was critical to get the role or the position you wanted. This was the beginning of the rat race that would decide the future of your career. It was a notable bonus to say on your resume that you attended the prestigious Royal Academy. However it was a whole other bragging right all together to say you were hand picked amongst the rising talent for such a production. It was the first of many battles you hoped to be able to add to your portfolio.

Holding my breath I waded in and amongst the students as we all waited for the casting call announcements. Actors, dancers and technical students alike all milled about on the south end of campus just outside the auditorium. When the door finally opened a thin pale gangly teachers assistant emerged fallowed by the director of the play. A silent hush covered the crowd as we all waited on baited breath.

Clearing his throat the director began with what could only be described as a rehearsed speech. Being diplomatic he thanked everyone for applying for positions or trying out. Babbled on about the caliber of talent and how hard the decision was. The majority of names announced were expected with a few exceptions. When my name was called my stomach bottomed out and summersaulted. I hadn't expected to gain any position applying more or less because it was expected. I waited patiently as the crowd thinned out to get closer to the newly posted call sheets. Positive I had received a low level entry position I was still thrilled none the less. It was relatively unheard of for a first year technical student to receive one of the covenant spots. Normally these were all acquired by second year and more experienced students. Searching for my name at first I was unable to find it. Confused I was positive I had heard it called out.

"Congratulations," a deep baritone voice spoke over my shoulder startling me. "I heard you were being considered for the position. Kudos."

"Uh thank you." Trying to cover up the fact I was clueless to what exactly position I had got I smiled politely. The man before me was tall and pleasantly hansom. Classically good looking with strong facial features.