// conversations about our scars under the stars //

"Sir William, you are hereby banned from His Majesty's court for life," Catherine De Medici, my mother sneers angrily.

   I observe from afar, from the back of the dining room with guards. Sir William, with his bloody dried, and broken nose is held rather aggressively by my guards with their hands pressed against his shoulder, pushing him down as mother argues with him.
   Mr. Dormer, Mr. Serons and Mr. Fellis stands quite far away from Elisa's step-father, looking embarrassed probably from the insult and stunt he made.
    Servants and maids are also scattered everywhere, fixing and cleaning every mess there is in the room since Sir William grabbed the whole cloth of the table when he fell to the floor, therefore, making the prepared des nourritures fall onto the ground with him. But, when my mother heard of this, she hastily made her way here but commanded the servants and guards to not an utter a word about this so the people will be more focused on the party than the fight.

   Sir William's wide, blue eyes suddenly drops on me, he pleads, "Your Majesty, I didn't mean to...It was an accident."

    I roll my eyes at his begging for mercy speech. I say nothing but I raise and wave a hand to command the guards to take him away and put him back to his apartments and after that, I'll send another batch of guards to accompany him to a ship where it sails back to Austria.

    I watch Sir William gets taken away, ignoring his pleases and didn't mean to say it words as the other Austrian men cautiously made their way towards me. They bow.

   Mr. Fellis puts his quill down on his writing pad, and apologizes, "Majesty, we are deeply sorry for what happened tonight...angering our Empress and such. We beg for your forgiveness sir." He drops to his knees and bow down, the other two follows.

    I shake my head. "You may rise, gentlemen. But you mustn't ask me for forgiveness, you shall ask your Empress'." They slowly stand up, their eyes still glued on the floor. I continue, "I know I can't give you orders since I am only an Emperor consort however, you shall do what Her Majesty has told you: leave this court and make the duke of Austria the new regent of her nation."

    "Er, yes, Your Majesty," Mr. Dormer says, looking up to lock with my eyes. He proceeds quite shyly, fidgeting with his folders, "I'm afraid that I am to stay here, at er, your court sir since I am the Austrian Ambassador and I must be always in contact with the Empress as I was with her father and mother er, but I will ensure to gather votes for the duke to be the regent."

   I slightly nod at his explanation but my gaze moves to my mother, watching me like a hawk. I turn my eyes on him. "Of course," I say, slightly beaming at him with a small smile on my face. Mr. Dormer's worried face suddenly glows with relief at my change of actions. "Welcome to my court, then, Your Excellency," I add, slightly spreading my arms apart. "I advise you to meet up with some of my officers and they shall escort you to your chambers and hopefully would meet up with my French Ambassador, Lord Narcisse."

    He smiles, bowing down once again. "Gladly, Your Grace. Thank you." I bow my head at him, then I tell one of the pages to accompany Mr. Dormer to the officers. After that, I watch the Ambassador of Austria chats happily with one of my pages as they exit the room. I hear his faint voice saying, "Why, the king is so kind, boy! And such class and sophistication he holds. Hm, A true Valois he is!"

   Class? Sophistication? Geez, thanks.

    However, I turn to Mr. Serons and Mr. Fellis. "Messieurs, I'm afraid you shall take the carriage to go back to your apartments as your queen has commanded and I wish you a bon voyage."