Chapter Five

Kai, Lloyd and Zane scurried through the halls, until their attention was caught by a loud boom and two familiar screams.

"Cole! Jay!" Lloyd cried, fearing for his brothers' lives.

"They're fine! Just keep going!" Kai snapped, knowing very well that they weren't fine.

"By my calculations, the odds are only one of us is going to make it to the throne room if we keep running into obstacles," Zane said.

Lloyd huffed, "Then let's beat the odds!"

But fate had other plans, for right after Lloyd spoke, the remaining ninja heard snarling coming from behind them. They turned around and saw Cole and Jay charging at them. Their skins were now ashen gray and eyes a deep purple, their uniforms were drained of their vivid colors and their eyes were burning with hatred.

"Go on, I'll hold them back," Zane said, unsheathing his sword. He charged at them, leaving Kai and Lloyd behind.

"C'mon! Don't look back!" Kai snapped, yanking Lloyd away from the battle between brothers.

"But what about Zane?! He'll be turned too!" Lloyd cried.

"It's the risk we're all taking! Cole, Jay and Zane knew that too! We're almost there!"

Lloyd turned his head and saw the large doors looming in front of them, they reached for the iron handles when a feminine cackle was heard behind them. Oh no! Not now! Lloyd thought, turning to see Nya holding a katana at them. She was wearing dull red samurai armor, a black helmet covered her bob of black hair, her purple eyes burned with hatred and amusement at the thought of defeating her brother, the fire ninja.

"I'll draw her away! You can make it, Lloyd!" Kai said, unsheathing his sword.

"No! Don't! We can do this together!" Lloyd cried, fear coursing through his body.

"There is only one Green Ninja," Kai said. "This is your fight."

"You're hurt!" Nya mocked. "You'll hardly stand a chance!"

Kai growled and charged at his sister, she leapt and clashed, metal clashing against its own kind.

"Go Lloyd!" Kai yelled over his shoulder, Lloyd swallowed nervously and opened the door.