Chapter Three

Cole and the rest of the team scaled the brick walls of the abandoned warehouse and onto the roof, silently sprinting and leaping from rooftop to rooftop as the Stone Army remained oblivious to the ninja above them. Nineteen blocks, eighteen blocks, seventeen blocks, slowly but confidently they approached the center of the captured Capital while Kai and Lloyd glided through the cover of the clouds above them. Thirteen blocks, twelve blocks, eleven blocks, leaping over alleyways and sprinting past brick chimneys as the obsidian castle approached. Six blocks, five blocks, four blocks, everyone gulped down their trepidation as they stopped one block away. Panting, they could see the red armor of the soldiers and white skin-like texture from their positions.

"Alright, we have to get their attention to help Kai and Lloyd across," Cole said, then he perked as an idea came to mind. "Jay, use your lightning to strike that guard post. Zane, use your ice and freeze the areas along the pathway."

Jay and Zane nodded, pulling out their elemental swords to channel their powers for the distraction. Jay's sword glowed blue as he shot a massive bolt of lightning at the busy guard post, the Warriors convulsed as the immense power coursed through their bodies. A siren went off as Zane coated the brick pathway in thick ice, causing the soldiers to slip and flail as they crashed into each other. Jay couldn't help but snicker at the once intimidating army now slipping like children trying to skate for the first time. Then an imposing flood of backup came pouring out from behind the walls as they charged towards the ninjas' hiding place.

"Oh great," Jay grumbled as the warriors started scaling the walls. Cole grabbed his arm and tugged him to the edge of the building.

"Jump!" They quickly leapt to the next building, then onto the next, as while the warriors remained on the chase. Their focus was placed heavily on the bait team so that no one noticed the white and green dragon dive out of the cover of the clouds towards the castle. Kai picked up Lloyd like he would a bride and jumped when Ultra Dragon was swooping past the abandoned walls, landing safely on the pathway.

"Are you ready, Lloyd?" Kai whispered, Lloyd nodded and was gently placed on the ground, using Kai for support.

"Let's do this."

They crept along the pathways, listening to the sounds of the Stone Soldiers grunting and shouting commands at each other. Eventually they found a staircase heading to the base of the wall, Kai helped Lloyd hobble down, until halfway there they heard several warriors heading up to them unknowingly.

"Oh great," Kai grumbled, looking over his shoulder only to realize they would be caught before they made it back to the top. "Hang tight, Lloyd."

Lloyd tightened his grip on his brother-in-arms as Kai summoned his elemental tornado, Spinjitzu. He spun his way through the stunned warriors to the base of the stairway, grunts of surprise led to shouts of anger.

"Intruders!"

"Ninja!"

"Alert the Overlord!"

"Alright," Kai said, "Time to go!"