Chapter eleven

Chapter eleven

            I got up the next morning and tied my hair into a pony tail. It was a mucky mid-fall Saturday morning. It started off like no other morning without Marshall. The kids were not in their beds so I guessed they were down stairs. I heard small giggles and laughs coming from the kitchen. Huh, the children are awefully gitty this morning. The last time they were like this is when…My eyes widen and my heart began to race.

“Oh God”, I said.

            I raced to the kitchen, to find the children eating stakes of pancakes and eggs. Their faces suddenly glowed with a glow that the sun could not be compare to the glow. “Hey look who is up!” My eyes wonder to the tall figure his blue eyes suddenly made me feel like I was at the beach and his brown hair was like chocolate. He approached me.

            “Oh My God” I whimpered, embracing him into my arms. My husband was home. His smell was familiar and his body felt amazing pressed against mine. The sun broke through the mucky clouds and shoned into the kitchen window. Just the fact that he was home the sun was coming out. I couldn’t let go of him, I was afraid too really. It’s like he’s been at sea forever. I don’t think Marshall wanted to let go either. Starring at his face; he looked like hell. He was tired.

“When did you get home?”

“Early this morning, around four” Marshall said.

            I gave him a bigger and stronger hug. He kissed the temple of my head, “I miss you” he whispered.

“I missed you too, hubba” I whimpered. He gripped me tighter, rocking me gently back and forth. I realized now, I let him see that the long tour bothered me.

--

            I tried calling in sick from work so I could be home with Marshall unfourtntely I had to go to a meeting today. At least he will be home with the kids; he’ll spend time with them until I get home. My mind was too cluttered from this morning. The excitement to know he is home drove me crazy. Marshall was all I thought about throughout the meeting and I was presenting something to my boss.

            I just couldn’t gather my thoughts. “The increase of the blind population has grown over the last dedicated and…” What was I going to say?

 “And…”

 “Of course education now is what you called mandatory these days and everyone has the right too…”

“Too an education I finish” looking at my boss, he was curious why I was trailing off. Thankfully there wasn’t too many colgugues I knew here and none of them I work with hate me.

            There was a knock on the glass window. My head turned slightly to see my husband standing behind the window with a white rose in his hand. My face turned a bright red and I instantly forgot my boss was sitting there. He cleared his voice…

“Mrs. Mathers…” he said. “Um…Mr. Tweed…um that would be my husband, Marshall” I signaled Marshall to come in.

            “Um am I interrupting something?” Marshall said softly. “No, no not at all…Mrs. Mathers your presentation is very good…I will discuss it with the board later on” said Mr. Tweed. Something was wrong, Mr. Tweed was being nice.

“Mr. Tweed this is my husband Marshall, sweetie this is my boss Harrison Tweed” I introduce them. The two men shook hands.

            “My son listens to your music” said Mr. Tweed. “Oh” Marshall was flattered. “I hope you don’t see me as a bad influence or anything” he mumbled.