Ch.14 -"Murder with a T"

The robot girls came over after the a party and sprawled across my bedroom. I made sure to keep them fed and give them plenty of service with a smile. My plan was hatching, it was time to take Tiffani down, and I wasn't going alone.

I waited until everyone was lulled into a cocoon of warm blankets and full stomachs before setting my bait. "You know whose a bitch? Tiffani. I feel like our group would be so much better without her!"

The girls giggled in unison and I again had flashbacks that If I removed their faces wore and gizmos would be beneath exposing them as stepford girls controlled by Tiffani. Mindi was the one who answered.

"She is. She totally is, but she knows how to get things done. She's been bossing me around since we were three years old and I'm still the same sidekick getting kicked. But now my hands are a lot dirtier."

I stayed silent, letting it sink in to the other girls, hoping their minds were showing them images of Tiffani being horrible.

I yawned and stretched trying to look uber casual and set the trap. "You'd be a good leader Mindi. You're every bit as smart as she is. And maybe more of the class would survive."

The girls didn't giggle this time. They were all
silent waiting whike electricity built up in the air. Mindi stopped looking at her long pink nails and turned her head toward Tiffani.

"I could be. I know that. What is it you're getting at?"

My mind tried to shut down as I  swallowed the large lump forming in my throat. It was now or never. The girls were here, and I was treating them well. The stage was set.

"I'm just saying it would be poetic if we gave Tiffani the crown she always wanted. Urban legend style. Why should we kill everyone who could be queen for her?  Where does it stop?  What if she thinks one of you would be queen?  You're all pretty enough, and you are the IT girls."

Mindi got up and looked into the mirror straightening her hair. Her face lit up like a kid at Christmas and I could see the wheels turning.

"Suppose I say I'm in," Mindi says. "Do you have everything planned out, or are you just talking crazy out loud?"

I reached under my pillow and brought out my notebook. The girls gathered around like it was a campfire story and I threw caution to the wind and laid out the plan.

"I'm not Tiffani. I'm not going to pretend I've made a plan. Or put your necks on the line for a hairball scheme. But I'm open to suggestions. I just know the deeper we get, the harder it's going to be to climb out."

I opened the book and felt confident when all eyes were on me. The words were just what I needed to get them thinking.

"If I had to do it, and follow the urban legend theme I'd have to go with the one armed man. Tiffani and her flavor of the week would drive to a secluded place, something would lure him from the car and she'd wait there, not wanting to get her nails dirty. When she got out out of the car she'd see him hanging there, and she'd decide to run. Only the one arm man would be behind her and kill her while she looked at the hanging body of her almost lover."

The robot girls gasped the romantic overtones. Of course they'd think murder and torture would be romantic. Tiffani had altered their perception of reality.

Mindi was the first to speak up. "So you're plan involves killing Tiffani and a random yet to be determined guy which we would have to strung from a tree?"

I was slightly annoyed that she was poking holes in the plan but kept my game face on. At least they were listening.

"I was thinking if you guys liked the plan, we could use a mannequin and already have him ready to drop. Fake blood, and maybe it wouldn't be too hard to get a guy on board with dumping her at a make out place. We don't have to mention the part about killing her."

Mindi was deep in thought and the other girls waited. I put the book back under my pillow and took out my last resort secret stash of chocolate and passed it around the room.

"It's just a thought. I'm not implying anything ever has to happen." I said.

We spent the rest of the night doing nails and watching Hairspray. I laughed in all the right parts but couldn't help squirming underneath. Mindi was tougher than I planned. In my scenario she had already tried on a tiara and crowned herself queen.

As the girls got ready to leave Mindi hugged me tightly and whispered in my ear just two words that made me look forward to tomorrow.

"I'm in."

As I cleaned up my room I paused in front of the mirror. I'd aged years in the last few months. My life had taken a spin I'd never be able to forget, or maybe forgive myself for. But it was about to be a distant memory. The girls wouldn't be able to keep me because I'd have as much on them as they had on me. And most of all, Tiffani would be out of my life forever. Maybe, just maybe I could help Kiki find a job, or a husband. Just to give myself some karma, and be able to see her again.

As I lay down in the darkness finally feeling my muscles relax after a week of being rigid, I smiled. The end was finally in sight. The girls would be fine, and hopefully the rest of the year would be boring. Chances were, if things worked out I can be back to my nerd herd by second semester.

**********************
So the plan is set and I have to say I think it's genius. Getting rid of Tiffani may be horrible, but the world will be a much nicer place without her in it.