Ch. 12 - The Deadly Twist

The day of the party I woke up with an eye twitch. I gave myself a facial massage like Kiki had taught me, painted my nails and got ready early.

The robot girls were due to pick me up at four so I could help set up and follow the plan of spilling wine on Micah's dress. It had to be done before the other guests arrived so that she was seen only in the dress from the legend.

Tiffani had the dress hanging in the revered spot in her closet under a spotlight, the rest of the plan was up to me and the girls. In a way it was a lot less pressure because we were supposed to try and talk Micah out of wearing the dress. Maybe I was good at persuasion and none of the other parts of the plan would come into being at all. It was all I could hope for. Well, other than Tiffani putting in the dress herself. Maybe, if she had way too much to drink I could make that happen.

The company setting up the party was in full swing. Chairs and furniture were being covered with light rose colored covers, the ice sculpture of a swan in flight being set up next to the dessert table, and in the back of the giant yard, a stage for Taylor Swift.

Things were bustling and I grabbed an apron and threw it over my clothes before grabbing a glass of red wine that was sure to be in my hand at all times. For a moment I worried about being viewed as an alcoholic, after my fake drunk scene at the last party and now having to carry the wind glass until I spilled my drink on Micah, but better an alcoholic than a killer I suppose.

Micah was primping in the mirror bragging to Tiffani about how everything she had was bigger, better, and a step above Tiffani's. She made sure to say how much she still hoped they could be friends when Micah wore the crown. Tiffani smiled at her, the deadly smile. The one where your skin wiggles and you just know she'd put an axe in your forehead while wearing it.

I barged over to the table "Tiffani, the hot guy with the earpiece says to tell you Taylor will be in at...."

I made sure to wobble my ankle and fall forward sloshing my wine right on the back of Micah. I wished at that moment that Tiffani had a nanny cam. I was sure it looked amazing. Me sailing through the air, landing on my face while the wine continued it projectory course and landed with a splat right in the middle of her champagne colored gown.

Micah jumped up and gave me a kick to the stomach. "You bumbling idiot! I'll have you castrated! How bad is it?"

Tiffani whistled. "It's not pretty. But you're always saying you could wear a paper bag and still win prom queen. Maybe it's time to put your money where your mouth is."

Micah turned on her with venom. She raised her hand and I covered my hands over my face but still left my fingers apart to watch. Maybe they could take each other out and all my problems would be over.

Tiffani raised her face defiantly and kept her psycho killer smile in tact. "Go ahead." She said. "It will be the last slap you ever deliver, but it might be worth it."

As Micah cocked her hand further back the robot girls burst into the room. I could see Micah's pulse jumping in her neck. I didn't move, secretly with every bit of mental power willing her to deliver the blow despite the interruption.

"Taylor's here!!!" The robot girls squealed.

Micah dropped her hand and Tiffani put on a smug superior look before strutting out the door. Leaving Micah seething.

"I'm sorry about the dress Micah." I said as I stayed curled on the floor holding my throbbing gut. "Really, I'm a klutz. Let's get you in one of Tiffani's. I'll take the fall for that too. I'm so sorry."

Mindi groaned. "Oh Aria. You dummy. You ruined her dress? Are you drinking again? We warned you not to drink!"

I hung my head in shame as I stood and Micah gave me a sneer. "If I don't see a dress I like I'm going to kill you. I'll drown you in wine which apparently is the way you want to go. Your body can match your social standing, dead and buried."

I walked to the closet, threw open the door, and used the remote and spin the rack until I got to evening wear. I kept my eyes on the dresses never making contact with Micah.

Mindi whispered across to me at full volume. "Just don't touch the legend gown. Tiffani will kill you, and her death won't be as nice as a forever wine bath." With that, the girls turned like the robots they are, in perfect unison leaving the room.

As Micah searched the racks, her eyes crazed with possibilities, I couldn't help but wonder how it was I've been threatened so many times in the past weeks. Before meeting Tiffani I'd never had a single person tell me they were going to kill me. Since meeting her, it happened in almost a daily basis. Was everyone at the top of the social ladder crazy? Did they all just act like animals killing alpha's to take over? And if that's true, why did I still have a desire to get there? Was I a psychopath?

Micah reached for the legend dress. Her eyes star filled, her smile reflecting the joy of finding the perfect gown.

"Not that one. Any one but that one. That's ones being saved. For prom. It's a one of a kind. And deadly if messed with."

I was proud of that last line. I was being honest. Micah was already ripping off the plastic and wiping her drool. The thoughts of looking amazing in the dress and ruining Tiffani's prom practically orgasmic to her inner demons.

"Shut up wino whore! You're under her. You ruined my dress. Therefore she ruined my dress and she owes me. I hope she does kill you, I'll watch, while drinking a glass of red wine and cheering."

I backed up and sat on the bed. My eyes bulging as she took a long sniff of the dress and twirled around holding it in front of her. She unzipped the zipper and put it on, and it fit her perfectly. I have to admit, she looked like a model ready for a photo shoot. That dress had the power to make everything look perfect.

She squealed as she came up to me and turned around. "Do up the buttons. And don't talk. Don't ruin this moment. I am about to meet Taylor Swift. And look better than her. This is my night!"

I had no choice. I lifted my shaking fingers to the pearl buttons lining the back and looped each one. With every passing second worrying about the poison coursing through my veins. I wasn't sweating, and I wasn't by the seams. But somehow in my mind the dress was karma getting even with us all.

Micah did a final minute of primping and practically floated out the room. I ran into Tiffani's bathroom and turned on the scalding water in the sink. Scrubbing my hands with her rose scented soap until they were bright red. I wasn't sure if you could wash off poison, but I was giving it my best shot.

After using alcohol, soap, hot water, and a loofah I made my way downstairs where Micah and Taylor Swift were standing in the hallway arguing.

"Here's the deal then. I'll dedicate the entire performance to you tonight. Tweet my excitement over us being friends and follow you on Instagram. And in return I wear the dress. Deal?" Taylor stuck out her hand for the shake.

When Micah nodded and the pair shook hands and hugged I felt the world spinning. My eyes scanned the room and I saw Tiffani standing in the kitchen, a wide grin spread across her face.

I poisoned a dress that Taylor Swift was about to wear in concert. Things were going from bad to worse. This was a death that would never be unturned. I promptly ran to a plant at the end of the hall and threw up.

************************^^****
Well that wasn't how this it was supposed to go at all. I'm screwed. I'd write more but I'm currently trying to book a passage to India. Tiffani wins. I'm a dead duck. The only positive I can come up with is that maybe I'll look good in prison orange.