Chapter Thirteen

It's been a week and a half since my rescue. My leg is still messed up and still in pain. Some days it's worst than others. The pack doctor gave me pain killers for it though, so it's not to bad. I float on cloud nine, then everyone gets to laugh at me. So it's worth it. After everything that has happened, we all need laughs. 

I guess my dad sat there, watching Donna and Byron fight. He told me while he was pale and nauseous from watching it, he wasn't going to run. He loves Donna a lot, to even consider. That's good. Byron told me about the fight, but I didn't freak out. Some fights get bloodier than others.

Roman is my slave! Even though I told him I was joking, he said it was the least he could do after injuring me the way he did. So, I let him do things for me. Nothing major, just little stuff. He is happy with that.

Byron talked to me about me getting my mark. I told him let me heal first. He agreed. I understand why he wants to do it, so he knows my emotions, as well as being able to connect with me threw the mind. Would be very helpful. Mainly after what has taken place.

Axe's body is here, in Tallis's bedroom. Tallis is always by him. Only time he leaves is to eat, and go to school. I feel so bad for him. Axe is here but at the same time he isn't. I know it's killing him. Axe is always by his body. I am trying to figure out how we can his soul back into his body.

Everyone else just try to get into the flow of things. I am currently staying at my mate's house until my legs heals. My dad helped move Donna's stuff into our house. They are so happy to be together. I told dad how mom came to visit me. Told him she was happy for the both of us. He smiled.

The next day, I was sitting in the living room watching TV. Well mostly having it on as background noise. Nothing was actually on. I just so bored sitting here. I can't go to school until next week. I hate it. Who the hell wants to sit on their ass doing nothing. I'm not a school geek, but that's better than nothing.

"Hey hon, how you doing?" I heard Ellie ask me. I looked over to see her standing the doorway. Her hair was pinned back on top of her head. She was dressed in denim jeans and a tank top. 

"Bored. Want to be in school." I sighed, looking down at my hands.

"Oh, you will be back soon. Next week, my dear." she smiled. I smiled back and she headed out the front door. Nice everyone gets to leave but me.

"Hey, what you want for lunch?" Roman asked.

"Just a ham and cheese sandwich, pop and chips." I told him, smiling a little. He nodded, walking out back to the kitchen. I sat back waiting. 

About ten minutes later, Roman came walking back in with lunch. He set the tray down on my lap and sat down in the chair across the room with his lunch. We ate in silence. It was a good silence, though.

"Bet you're ready to get back to school?" he asked me. I looked up from my tray, nodding.

"Oh yeah! Four more days and I'll be able to got back. I can't wait." I laughed. He chuckled.

"Yeah I remember back in, maybe 1930 or 19831, I had to be out due broken bones and having then reset. It was a pain." he looked thoughtfully at the wall.

"How long were youout for?" I was curious. That had been something. Worse than my injury by far.

"Oh, a few months." he shrugged like it was nothing. My eyes widen as I stared at him. He said it like it was nothing.