Chapter Two

I was sitting outside, on my front porch reading a book. I am always reading about my gift, as dad called it. The day was wonderful. Sun was out, not a cloud in the sky. My current company was Axe. Such an ordinary day for me.

"So are you just going to sit here all day or go find something to do?" Axe asked, swinging the porch swing back and forth.

"Axe, I have no life. Remember? Plus what is there to do?" I asked looking over at him. He was looking out at the forest. I knew he longed to be home with his family. I felt his pain, to a degree.

"Go see my family. I want to see them." Axe pleaded. I looked back at him, smiled.

"Alright lets go." I said, walking back into the house. "DAD! I am going out!" I yelled. I knew he was home.

"Ok, be careful please!" he yelled back.

"I will. I love you!" I replied loudly.

"Love you too sweetie!" was his muffled reply to me. I headed back to the door, seeing that Axe was waiting for me. I smiled at him, walked down our walkway and towards the Jarvis home. Yeah, they have told me everything about werewolves too. Very interesting that stuff. Got to see them shift too. That was just to awesome.

"I am so happy they believe you." Axe sang in a cheerful tone. I just chuckled and carried on.

When we got to the house I rang the door bell. I waited for awhile and then rang it again. I wasn't sure if anyone was home. Should have called first. I turned and started down the walkway when the door opened.

"Can I help you?" a voice asked. Tallis. I turned towards him and he beamed. 'Well get your butt in here girl." I walked back to the door and inside. He shut the door. "Sorry, we are all outside. Sunday is like our get together day." he was telling me.

"Oh, I'm sorry I can go." I rushed out.

"Nonsense. You know you are welcomed here anytime. Now come on. Everyone will be happy to see you." Tallis said. He grabbed my hand and dragged me out the back door. I knew Axe was following us, by his cheerful whistle. When we got out back, a party was in full blast. Everyone in their pack was here. In human and wolf form. "LOOK WHO I FOUND!" Tallis yelled. Everyone looked at us and Ellie made her way to me.

"Oh dear, nice of you to drop in. So glad you came. Was wondering if we would ever see you again." she said smiling.

"I know, sorry. Been busy helping my dad and stuff." I explained.

"No need to explain." she stated waving it away. I saw Jerry, Tallis and Byron off talking by the grill along with three others. I see a group of guys and girls talking over by the pool. Hell, everywhere you turn there is people. Lord this is a huge pack. Byron wasn't joking.

"Hey CayLynn!" Byron yelled. I looked over to him and waved. Ellie nudged me towards him and I headed in that direction, with Axe hot on my heels. Once I reached them I was greeted with hello's.

"CayLynn, I would like you to meet my dads Beta, Henry and his son, Jayce. And this here is my grandfather, Peter." Byron introduced them.

"Hello, nice to meet you all." I said politely.

"Nice to meet you CayLynn. I've heard a lot about you. Medium, right?" Peter asked. I just nodded. "I always found that interesting." he stated.

"It's nothing really. Just means I am more in tuned with those who have passed on. Extra sensory, as it is called." I explained.