Chapter One

Three year's later

I woke up gasping for air. That dream always came to me. It was the first time I encountered a ghost. I found out after talking to my dad, that mom was a medium. Apparently, I got that gene. I have seen a lot of ghosts since meeting Axe, who sticks around talking to me all the time at home.

He is actually a very nice boy. Yeah, sad isn't it? My best friend is a ghost. I actually went to his family, who thought I was insane, sick and slammed the door in my face. Since then, Axe has stayed around and is always saying he is sorry.

So for three years now I have been trying to get his message to them and each time they shut me out. Once again today I will try for the, oh who knows how many times now. This boy is persistent. I sat on my bed thinking how I will go about it this time. Since my meeting the Jarvis family and telling them this, it has gotten around town, so now everyone thinks I am a freak. I guess I am to a degree. 

"Alright CayLynn, this time I am going to give you a piece of information that I know no one knows about, no matter what. They couldn't even looked this up to know.' Axe said.

"Alright, but if it doesn't work this time, I am done. Deal?" I stated.

"Deal!" he agreed. "So here it is. Tell my brother, Byron, that the birthmark on his butt looks like a flower. Trust me only so many know this. Ok so only my parents, myself and him." Axe said. I Iooked at him like he was out of his mind.

"You want me to talk about your brothers butt?!" I yelled.

"Hey like I said only my family knows this. He was always so embarrassed for anyone to know. It's rather amusing to watch him turn red as well." Axe chuckled.

"Oh hell! I can't believe I am about to tell your brother this, who by the way hates me!" I growled.

"Oh Cay! He doesn't hate you!" Axe said, hugging me. Yes, since that night I am now able to hug him, which is weird. I guess he was trying to prove a point. Well that's what he said to me anyways. Yeah I ended up tripping and blacking out due to that little stunt. Talk about embarrassing myself and in front of a ghost too. Very sad, when you think about it.

"Alright! Come on! Let's get this over with so I can stop looking like an idiot." I mumbled and headed out the door at two in the morning. Yeah, not freaky at all.

"Alright!" Axe cheered. Dad knows about Axe. He always hears me talking to him. Axe has become my protector in many ways. He is always with me wherever I go. Well not to the bathroom of course. That would just be to damn freaky.

We got to Axe's house and all the lights were on. Weird. Two in the morning you would think people would be sleeping. Guess not these people. I walked up to the door and rang the bell. I waited looking around the best I could in the dark, when I heard the door open.

I turned to see Byron. God he was gorgeous. Dark brown hair with highlights of red. Grey blue eyes. Tall and muscular. Lean muscle. He had to be about six foot three, compared to my four foot ten. Yeah I know I am short. His skin was a golden tan. 

"Hey freak! What now? Come to torment our family some more?!" he spit out, anger in his eyes. I decided to just come out with it, when his parents and some others walked up looking at me with hate. Oh damn. I waved him to bend down so this wouldn't embarrass him. He did.