Chapter Ten

It's been two days since I heard that Byron was coming to get me. I know it will take sometime to get here, so I am trying not to get impatient about it. I hope they can win this war. I really don't know what to do most days. 

Roman hasn't bugged me since that day he beat the crap out of me. Which I am still sore from. Trevor doesn't talk to me to much but he makes sure I am not coming to any harm. I am still in shock to know he is not really betraying Byron and his family. Makes me happy too. 

I am also still in shock to know that Byron and Axe were going to have more siblings but their mom lost them in the attack against them in 1961. It's sad. I am also still trying to figure out how they got a hold of Axe. He won't tell me that story. He keeps saying he wants to forget about it. 

Even though he can come into this now, we have not figured out how to get his human back into his body. I am certainly no witch, so we are stuck there. It sucks but what can you do. So right now I am sitting here trying to figure that out. I keep coming up with nothing. 

I heard the bedroom door. Looking up I saw it was Roman. Oh shit!

"Dinner." was all he said and walked back out. Oh yeah, another thing is this. I eat all meals with them. Nice to know they aren't going to starve me. I got off the bed and walked out the room, closing the door behind me.

Going down the hall to the stairs I took them slowly. Yeah, just because they aren't torturing and starving me, that doesn't mean I want to be in their company. They kidnapped me, as well as Axe just to get revenge. That's just lame.

Well I got to the dining room, all but one seat was taken. I learned that there is a hundred wolves in this pack. Most left after Roman's parents died. plus, I guess Roman was being horrible to them. I took the seat next to Roman, with Trevor on the other side of me.

"I know your mate and his pack are coming to get you. That was a given. So, enjoy your time here. Cause I will kill you all." Roman sneered at me. I just rolled my eyes and ate my meal. Well as much of it as I could. Eating these days wasn't easy.

It's been two days since we left. It is evening and in one hour we will be back on our feet traveling. Some are in human form while others in wolf. Well all take turns staking things out. Last night Jayce, Tallis and myself did look out. Ben is also with us. I can see his reason for wanting to come. At first my dad was against the idea, but after Ben said he will need to see with his own two eyes that he gets his daughter back, my dad said ok.

I was sitting in wolf form listening to some of the guys goof off. That is their way of clearing their minds for a little while. It's fine by me. I try my hardest at times to clear mine. They were talking about video games. Nothing new there.

"No, I always beat you!" Tallis told one of the guys.

"No you don't! I've kicked your butt, god knows how many times before." Victor, a brown wolf, growled.

"LIAR!" Tallis yelled. It was amazing. Such kids.

"Actually, I've whipped all of you before. Now shush!" Jayce said in his cocky tone. All eyes went to him.

"Yeah right!" Victor snorted. "The girls kick your furry butt in video games." Everyone, including myself, laughed in our minds. It's true. Jayce sucks at video games.

"Shut up!" Jayce muttered.

"Oh come on, Jayce don't get embarrassed. It's ok you lose to girls." Victor teased. Jayce just growled and walked away with our laughter following. He sucks at fighting games, but in a real fight he is number one. He is even over me. That's ok though, I want the strongest in our pack.