Chapter 42: Request

Isla glared at the obsidian colored door barring her entrance. "Tell me again, why did you come?"

"I'd rather not have a new sibling any time soon," Lance muttered beside her. "It's in danger already."

Her eyes latched onto Asterick approaching a young Arcadian female. Wavy blonde hair swept down her back, framing her petite face. The tight fitted green lace dress she squeezed herself into hugged her curves.

Asterick interrupted her perusal of fabrics at a nearby shop and dropped on a knee. "Beautiful. A woman never more worthy of being called a Goddess before my eyes. Your hair glistens like early morning dew and your eyes befit a seductress. All meetings have meaning, this must be destiny. Will you give me the pleasure of knowing your name?"

She shook her head aggressively then rushed away without a word. Asterick rose and frowned, at his fleeing damsel. As her back disappeared amongst the market crowd, he turned, searching for his next target.

"Does he do this in public all the time?" Isla asked.

Lanced nodded. "Yeah, sad isn't it."

"Very."

Asterick changed course towards them. "There's nothing sad about trying and failing."

"Oh, but there is. Especially when you impregnate the woman then abandon her with a halfling."

He shrugged his shoulders. "Specifics."

"Asterick, did you come here for this?" Isla interjected, waving her hand about.

Asterick brushed his pants, cleaning off the dirt smudges. "Lucifer demanded I offer protection, so here I am."

She tilted her head, eyeing him. "You plan to fight if an army appears?"

He tugged his jacket, straightening the edges. "Don't jest, Isla. We retreat on both legs. As much as I enjoy a good fight, the delectable aspects of life are far more appealing. Which can only be done if I live."

"And if they catch us before we escape?"

Asterick grinned, showing his white teeth. "We simply don't give them the chance, do not fret."

"Explain." She crossed her arms and narrowed her gaze.

Lucifer's lack of explanation in the Underworld's underground dungeon dampened her belief Sight See-ers could widen their search territory. She knew her limited knowledge hindered her view, but what could she learn?

"You've heard of Sight See-ers, correct? The all seeing eye so to speak."

"Yeah, common knowledge, I'd say."

"Wonderful. Then you already know all."

"What?" Isla growled.

"The soul my dear. We can see them, but more so, we can feel them. Your aura more specifically. Each has a unique signature, some kinder or stronger than others. Combining this and the hue, the distance can be quite substantial."

"He's admitting to being a stalker," Lance scoffed.

Asterick chuckled. "That's an overstatement."

Isla rolled her eyes at their banter. Still, her misgivings remained. "Can only Nobles do this? Is this similar to your incredible regenerative capabilities as well?"

"Regenerative capabilities? They are strong but nothing extreme."

Nothing extreme? What about their King and his split second healing strength. "I don't understand. Does that mean only your King has such power?"