Chapter 2

Chapter 2

                Frank Gregory drank his fifth glass of bourbon after his visitor left. He never thought that he would be shaken up by the visitor’s visit a while ago. He would never admit it out loud but damn, that Lucius Bernardi’s stare really chilled him to his bones. Never would he believe that what he expected to be a pleasant and calm deal would turn out that way. Such stupid mouth of his! And he hadn’t even controlled himself from trembling in front of that man! What a fucking shame to have had handled that deal in that way. He should have acted tough, controlled and indifferent, like a goddamn good businessman, but he had let Lucius see fear.

So fucking stupid! He thought as he poured another finger of bourbon on his glass, his ego defaced.

No matter, he thought again now with a smirk on his lips. At least I made a deal that would raise my club and business high on the ladder. This would definitely give me great fortune. Oh how happy would I be to buy an island and built a vacation house, or expand my business all over the world or girls… so many girls I can fuck night and day every fucking day! Oh, they will line up, I’m sure they will. How great life would be.

He laughed out loud at the directions of his thoughts only to be interrupted by one of his hands suddenly opening his door without even bothering to knock. He had a worried look on his face as he caught his breath, clutching his knees for support.

At the look he saw, Frank immediately sprang off his soft velvet chair and walked the few steps to Carlos.

“What is it?” He demanded voice sharp.

Still catching his breath, Carlos answered, “Boss, we can’t find Nina. She’s 15 minutes late from her appointment and her costumer’s getting frustrated by the second. He’s threatening to create chaos if he’s not serviced immediately. Nobody has seen her from the last couple of hours.”

What the fuck?! Frank thought the mirth from a while ago starting to vanish.

“And what the hell are you doing still standing there?! Go and find Nina!” He bellowed now agitated at the sudden and unexpected absence of his bestseller girl.

“Y-yes sir!” Frightened, Carlos instantly obeyed him and scurried out of the door. Frank combed his hair several times out of frustration.

What on earth was happening? How had it came to this when a while ago, he was happily sipping his drink, celebrating the deal with himself?

He can’t afford to lose Nina. That girl was his bestseller, most requested and gave the biggest amount of cash. She already had many regulars who always frequented her. He has many other girls to offer but clients always requests and pays more just to have Nina attend to them. Why? Nina was exquisite, that’s why. With her long and red locks and green eyes, she stood out from the other girls. And from what he heard and from the satisfied looks he saw from her clients, she really gives a good performance, always.

And that’s why he can’t afford to lose that precious gem of his. If this matter came out and reaches his patrons, his club would soon dwindle and his remaining girls can’t compensate the loss Nina would bring.

With a frustrated sigh, he hurriedly went out of his office to look for his girl. His hands were discreetly looking for Nina, not wanting to alert the patrons currently enjoying themselves.

He directly went to her room and searched the place. Her closet was still full of clothes the club provided the girls. Her roommate was there, frantically looking for Nina as well.

“Haven’t you seen her?” He angrily asked the girl who was currently sitting on her bed, trembling.

“No sir, I just came back an hour ago from my client and I haven’t seen Nina here. I just thought she was somewhere here in the club, taking her time off. I haven’t found anything amiss, sir, as well.” She hurriedly answered, her words almost tripping from nervousness.