Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Nina felt like a small child making a snow angel as she enjoyed the soft and cottony feel of the mattress inside her room. She has her own room with a four-poster bed made of wood! Never in her life had she imagined lying on a bed as soft as snow. She closed her eyes and exhaled a deep relieved breath as she savored the moment.

Rey had been so kind to show her around his house. You can clearly see it in his eyes how proud he was and how he loved his home. He was smiling from ear to ear as he showed her around.

And he has the right to be proud, of course. One step to this magical place and she didn't want to go out.

As soon as she entered the house, the woody smell of the house combined with the fresh, salty breeze of the ocean assaulted her. The place is so clean, she was afraid to touch anything. It felt like she was on a vacation in a tropical island. She could even hear the birds sing if she closed her eyes.

Every decoration even suited the places they were put on. Vintage and rustic pieces were distributed perfectly in every place. There were even several pictures of what seemed like two men displayed. On that she got curious.

Nina approached the pictures and studied them. Rey was clearly the other one on the pictures. But who's the other guy?

In every picture, Rey was seen having fun with the same guy - a guy with long blond hair, a darker shade than Rey's, tied at the back. Though his eyes were a light shade of brown, almost golden, compared to Rey's deep blue.

One picture in particular made her blush. In there, both guys were seen wearing only board shorts and nothing else on their top. She could clearly see the defined muscles on their body as they both carry a fish larger than them.

"Who's that?" She whispered, knowing and feeling Rey's presence behind her. She no longer felt the need to turned around and see if he's behind her. Her body seemed to be now attuned to his presence.

A second or two passed before Rey could answer. "That's my best friend and a very important person close to my heart."

She whirled around to look at Rey. She could hear the truthfulness of his words but when she looked at his eyes, it spoke of something else. It's like there's still something missing on what he said.

They stared at each other a minute too long until Rey touched her arm and led her to the kitchen, stirring her away from the subject.

Rey finally ended the tour when he showed her the guest room, now her own room. He carried her stuff and the things they bought into her room as she continued admiring her room.

"Do you like it?" She heard Rey asked as she was looking over the balcony, overlooking the ocean at one side and the never-ending vastness of the forest at the other.

I looked at him and replies, "Yes, very much. Thank you, Rey."

Again, those smile. "Okay, then. I'll prepare our food while you unpack okay? I'll call you when it's ready."

Rey had left her for a while now and yet she still hasn't unpacked her things. Instead, here she was now, lying on the warmest bed and dreaming...

"That's my best friend and a very important person close to my heart."

Rey remembered the answer he gave Nina a while ago and pondered about it. He scoffed at the words he just uttered. He's his best friend, all right and a very important person indeed. But there's more than he could not still tell her.

He really wanted to tell her because he wanted her to know him better, to tell her more about him. But he's afraid. He's afraid that she'll now think badly about him. He's afraid that she might leave him at the end.