Chapter 7-More Meetings

En başından başla

"You look very familiar. I don't know why. But I know I never forget a face.", she said smiling at me reassuringly and then looking again towards Jared.

But Jared wasn't focused at her. He was looking at something in his phone. He didn't even bother to look through the menu.

"I'll just have my usual.", he said handing over the menu to the waitress that was waiting on our order.

"Uhm...sorry but what is your usual Jared?"

"Why?"

"I'm also a vegan...and everything here is not really vegan..."

"Two of the usual then and whatever else they want then. By the way, I didn't know you were a vegan Ella."

"Well...it happened before we met...you know I told you that I usually eat what I find? I find mostly salads or potatoes in my house...so it kinda grew on me."

I could see the tension in his expression wearing off and a smile appearing. I could also feel that both Shannon and their mother were eyeing us and I started to wonder. How can he be so calm when it comes to me, yet snap at his own brother for no apparent reason.

Did he like me more than his assistant, or was it just the fact he felt sorry for me and who I was?

I decided that I will ask him anyway. That I will cut the act no matter how much reminding myself hurt, and come clean to him.

Before our meal was brought, Jared started to talk about a new role he was offered and that he decided to take. The movie was going to be filmed in Japan, so naturally, I assumed that I won't be seeing too much of him anymore.

"Have you ever been to Japan?", he asked me.

I remember going once for a fashion show, long before I had Alice. I found it intriguing, yet it wasn't actually my cup of tea.

"Yes, I have."

"And what did you think of it?"

"I didn't enjoy it too much. I have to blame the company I was in for that, I guess. Why do you ask?"

"Well, you will be coming to Japan with me at some stage. I need to have you prepared for that, right?
As much as I love my assistants on the set, I like my own assistant off set.", he joked giving me a small nudge.

"The job description didn't say travelling..."

"Oh, you're gonna see the world with me Ella. I'm going to show it to you."

"Geez! You two get a room!", said Shannon between his teeth.

Lunch passed without any notable incidents and I felt relieved for that matter. We said 'goodbye' to Shannon and Constance and went to the car.

"Where are we going?", I asked.

"You'll see..."

"I'm suddenly pondering the thought of going anywhere with you..."

"And why is that?", asks Jared with a wounded look on his face.

"I know your brother doesn't like me too much...I don't know why...I'm not even bothering myself with that. But I'm bothered by the awkwardness of everything else that happens around you."