Chapter Thirty Three: A Memory You cant Steal (PART I)

Previously

"Chrissy!" Lauren yelped, her voice cracking due to the tears she held back. At this point, all those who were not aware of Lauren having her humanity on, sure as hell knew. Through the pain, I smirked. The witch strutted towards me in anger.

"Appear," The ground begun to shake and the creatures began to run away. They didn't go far. One by one, the bodies of those who ran towards the woods crashed against the force field the white witches had created. A bright light was formed beside me and Sebastian ran towards me, past the white witch who seem paralyzed with the light. Sebastian helped me to my feet. The small silhouette of the young boy began to form.

"What is this?" The dark witch asked.

"Oh my god," I heard Lauren say. I kept my eyes glued to the body beside me. With one last major flash of light, Gregory stood tall beside me, holding on to my hand. I had met this child before, while I was in heaven. Gregory was dressed in white from head to toe. I looked at the dark witch. Her mouth was wide opened, and tears rushed freely down her eyes. Her body shook violently.

"Gregory?" The malevolent being asked sweetly. The boy looked up at me, and then at Sebastian. His small head moved to face his mother.

"M-mommy?" Gregory said.

-

Chrissy's POV

As soon as the small child called out to his mother the dark witch sprinted towards us with her arms wide open. I smirked. The witch ran at full force, and consequently, collided with the blanket of safety I had place around Sebastian, the child, and myself.

"Let me touch my child!" She yelled. I walked foreword, hands wrapped around my chest and my chin up high. I stood directly in front of the witch.

"I have a proposition for you," Elik laughed.

"This is not the time for jokes, fool! Let me be close to my child!" I laughed.

"Gregory is and Angel, you are a dark witch. The only way for you to be able to hold him either way would be if you were a white witch, a pure witch...or dead." The woman sighed desperately.

"What do you propose?!" She asked me.

"You have to let Lauren free," I said.

"Lauren belongs to me under supernatural causes. You and I, along with everyone else here knows that Lauren would be set free only if she were to die or be killed under my hands. Other than that, if, and only if I were to break my side of the promise..." The witch's eyes grew slightly. "Which I haven't." She said rapidly.

"I will die in Lauren's place." I said. Gasps were heard around they broken circle. Liam looked at me in shock.

"No...No!" Lauren yelled. She walked towards where the witch and I stood. "I will not let you do this, it is my mess and it is my duty to face the consequences!" Lauren said through gritted teeth and shaky breaths.

I looked at the raven haired vampire and then back at the dark witch.

"I wish to die in her place," I said once more.

"No!" Lauren's raspy voice called out. My throat swelled up in tears I didn't want to shed—this was not the time to cry. This was the moment where I knew my love for Lauren was nothing but pure. It was the moment where everything she had ever done or said to me, vanished because I wanted her to live. All the 'I love you's' we're still there–in my heart, just not in my head.