Chapter Thirteen: It's me

Camila's POV

I watched from the balcony as the snow fell. Ever since Lauren left, I had done this. Every night I would come out and talk to the moon. The moon remained me of her. The way it shone and brought light into the darkness. I looked at my hands and stared at the necklace I had given Lauren. Every time I looked the silver moon I was reminded of the way she yanked it from her neck. I clearly was able to recall the memory of the way her remorseful eyes landed on mine before walking away.

"Camila!"  I jumped at the sound of urgency of her voice, and quickly walked towards her.  "They found Lauren, pack quickly, the jets waiting for us." Numb. I felt numb. Ally began moving around me, and soon enough I snapped back to reality. I ran towards the closet and removed my suitcase from it. I ran into my closet and yanked my clothes from their hangers , and shoved them into the suitcase. Ally helped me zip it up, and we ran down the stairs. The cold winter air hit my bare arms, and I realized I was just in sweat pants and a t-shirt. I looked up and saw Liam standing horridly lowering the jet door. I ran towards the suitcase compartment and shoved my bags in, and soon Ally followed. Ally ran up the jet stairs. I started climbing up them myself, but Liam placed a hand on my shoulder. I looked at his worried eyes.

"She's going to be okay." I nodded and began climbing up the stairs.

"What are you doing here?" I asked the blue eyed by sitting next to Ally.

No answer.

"I said What are you doing here?"

"Camila," Ally warned me, "He's just trying to help." I turned to look at Colton.

"Then where were you when she needed you? Where were you when Lauren was being cleared? When all her memories were erased because of one of your kind!" Colton's Jaw clanged.

"Enough! We do not have time for this, we need to help Lauren. Her life is on the line, there is no time for this. So how about both of you just sit your assess down so we can get this plane moving." His voice was irritated and powerful. I looked at the ground and sat down in shame.

-

Through the rest of the jet ride I kept my distance from Colton. I could feel his eyes linger around me, but I didn't turn to look at him. I watched as the sun began to rise and the moon scurried away to find its hideaway.

"We're landing." Liam told me. I looked at him.

"What's plan?" I asked.

"Chris made a house go for sale next door from where Lauren's family is living. You and Ally will be living there. I already bought and furnished it. Your room is directly next to her so that you can keep a close eye on her. Colton and I will have to keep an eye on Lucy, and we all have to make sure to note who's part of the dark witch coven." Liam told me. I felt the jet begin to lower.

"How can I tell them apart?" I asked.

"Dark witches wear a small black and white patch, it won't be hard to miss." Ally said from behind me.

-

When we landed there was one of Liam's cars waiting for us. We drove into town. The houses began to look more familiar. The streets were covered in greenery from people's gardens and kids played without a care in the middle of the street. The car stopped and I looked out the window. Large Victorian style homes covered the street.

"Yellow one is yours, grey one is Lauren's." Liam's voice echoed through the car. He stepped out, but before he closed the door he spoke again. "Colton, stay inside." I smiled.

-

One the suit cases were inside the house I took a second to admire its decor.

"Here's your keys, one for each." I turned to Liam and took one from him.

"Thank you." I said.

"Your room is in the second floor, first door on the left. Ally, yours is the one next to the staircase. The door in he far end of the hall is a laundry room, and there's a spare bedroom in the attic. Colton and I will be down the block. If you need us, call us." He was about to walk out the door. "Oh! I almost forgot-" he reached into his suit jacket. "-here you go." He handed Ally and I a small packet of paper.

"What is this?" Ally asked.

"Your class schedule." He said.

"Wait what?" I opened the packet. "We're going to college?" I asked.

"Yep. You, Camila, have the same three classes Lauren is taking, Ally shares one with you and the rest she shares with Lucy. Your first day's tomorrow." Liam finally walked out.

"We should get to bed then, it's pretty late." Ally said looking down at her watch.

"Yeah..." I walked over and picked my suitcases up, and began walking up the stairs. I admired the painting along the stair case. I walked into the dark bedroom that now belonged to me. Before flipping the light switch on, I looked straight ahead to a light shining form across my window.

For the first time in weeks, I smiled. I saw Lauren pacing around in her bedroom with a paint brush in her hand. I dropped the suitcases to the ground and ran back downstairs.

"Woah, where you going?" Ally asked as I ran past her down the stairs.

"I need an excuse to walk out my window!" I ran into the kitchen and opened the shelves until I found a mug. I rushed to the water faucet and opened the water, and filled the mug halfway. I used my vampire speed to get back to my room.

"Okay, you can do this. Don't act stupid." I walked in and noticed Lauren was still in her room. I opened the balcony doors and stepped outside, finding a small love seat facing Lauren's window, not creepy at all, Liam. I saw Lauren look at me, but when I reached the love seat, I sat side ways facing the city light. I heard a door open.

"Hey, you must be my new neighbor." I lost my breath at the sound of her voice. I looked at her.

"Yeah, thats me." Lauren smiled. She walked to the edge of her balcony and extended her hand.

"I'm Lauren." She smiled. In an embarrassingly fast speed I got up, and shook her hand. When our hands collided everything around me went black. Suddenly, flashes of our memories began circling us.

-Memory-

"Stop!" Lauren's hands dug into my sides as she tickled me at a seemingly I humane speed.

"Why should I stop?" Lauren smirked down at me, giving me a break from the ticking Ritchie's.

"Because you love me!" I said. Lauren closed the gap between us and kissed me tenderly. Her yellow eyes shone almost golden with the sunlight hitting them.

"I love you, so so much. I don't think I'll ever finish falling in love with you."

-Memory End-

I tried to pull my hand away, but Lauren wouldn't let it go.

"Camila?" She said. I froze.