Six

Jade:

I really screwed up... I shouldn't have told Andrew about Derek and what he's done. I don't want anymore blood on my hands.

The boys went out to 'do some business' and I have strict orders from each of them to "stay here and don't even think about leaving. Don't open the door to anyone..." yeah yeah boys as if.

I threw on my gray shirt and black leggings, I straightened my hair and I slid my boots on. I grabbed my phone and headed for my car. Colton was sent from Andrew to go and get it for me. To try and 'help me feel more at home' but truth be told, I didn't need anything else to make me feel more at home here. I already did. I mean yes I wanted my car, but i wasn't in any hurry to get it.

Once I slid in I turned on the heat and plugged my phone into the AUX cord to play the music from my phone. As I was ready to leave I pulled out of the drive way and headed straight for the police station. They'd asked if I could come in and discuss the death of my father. I knew they knew. But they also know that it was merely self defense.

Finally pulling in I composed myself to get ready to admit that I did in fact kill my father. Well shit. Never thought I'd have to say that. Better than him having to walk around saying "oh yes I killed my only daughter and feel no remorse at all." That'd be him.

I was waiting for a officer to come get me when finally a officer who's name tag read S. McNally. So he's the sheriff.

"Hello Ms. Smith, please, right this way." He says gesturing me in the direction of his office.

"Please sit, ill just be taking note of what you say so we have it on file for the case." He says and I just nod taking a seat.

"So tell me exactly what happened." He says clicking his pen. I swallow.

"Well, my parents have abused me for years on end. As you're aware I was pulled from high school to be 'homeschooled' but in reality it was because the bruises were becoming to hard to hide and I was missing to many days so my parents wanted to avoid them getting suspicious. So I was pulled. I have burns all over my back and a few on my arms from cigarettes.

But the day I shot my father I was making home made pizza for their lunch. While I was taking the pizza from the oven I burned my hand on the pan. I cussed loudly - and my father didn't tolerate cussing - unless it was himself or my mother. He came roaring into the kitchen. He grabbed my by my hair and dragged me into the living room. He had his 9 mm on the coffee table and he pointed it at me. He cocked it back and I told myself either I was going to die, or I could fight for my life. So I chose the last option. I kicked him in the groin when he was close enough and he dropped the gun. I quickly grabbed it and when he came charging for me I shot him. I had closed my eyes so I didn't see him. After I held the gun to my own head, counting down from five until I pulled the trigger. I didn't get past two. My friends came in a stopped me. They comforted me while I cried uncontrollably. I've been staying there until I can by my own place." I let out as McNally writes this all down.

"Wow sounds like you've been through a lot. I'm sorry you had to go through these awful things." He says and I just nodded.

***

He had asked me a few more questions before he let me go. Needless to say I'm in the clear. Phew thank baby Jesus.

I was on my way back to the house when my flat tire light came on. Shit! Just what I needed. I know I don't have a spare with me, and I don't even know how to change a tire. I get out of my car and inspect the flat. I dig out my phone and brace myself for the call I was about to make. I clicked Andrews number and it didn't ring more than twice before he answered.

"Hello?" He asked in a worded tone.

"Um promise you won't be mad?" I asked quietly.

"Why would I be mad? Please tell me you didn't burn the house down?" He groaned. I swallowed.

"No, Andrew I'm-I'm not even at the house."

"What?! Where the fuck are you!" He demanded.

"I went to the police office to give them my statement like they'd asked. I was on my way when I got a flat. I need help Andrew so could you please not yell at me. Or if you're that mad put one of the guys on the phone." I reasoned.

"Ugh damn it Jade! Why don't you listen? Where are you?" He asked.

"Route two-" I gulped as I saw who was standing across the dead road from me. Derek. "Andrew? He's here." I whispered.

"What? Who's there?" He asks worriedly.

"Derek, please hurry I'm all alone and he's gunna hurt me!" I quietly yelled.

"Mother fucker." He rumbled then I heard him yell to the boys 'let's go!'

I screamed as Derek came walking towards me. Quickly.

"Jade!?" I heard Andrew yell through the phone.

"Hello Jade." Derek smirks. I cringe and step backwards.

I hung up my phone and I ran towards the woods. I know bad idea. What if Andrew comes and can't find you? He'll freak the hell out! I needed to get away from this maniac in front of me so I kept running.

"Jade! I will find you so there's no point in running!" He yells from behind me. I kept going until a masculine hand wrapped around my mouth and I was pulled against a broad chest behind a tree. I hesitantly looked up and almost cried at the sight of Bradley. With his free hand he held up his pointer finger to his mouth. Then he put it down and pushed my head into his chest. I then heard yelling behind me.

"Shh Jade, just relax. It's okay now. Drew is going to handle this once and for all." He whispered I gently nodded. Suddenly Bradleys grip loosened and I turned around to see Andrew panting and his chest heaving up and down, with his hands balled into fists at his side.

"Jade? It's over now, you're safe." He said walking towards me. He pulled me into his strong arms and I cried.

"It's over now." I repeated and he just nodded.

"I'll always protect you babe."