Secret

Ryuuichi's eyes snapped open suddenly. He blinked, trying to focus his sight on the shelves by the wall. His eyes shifted to the window and then the digital clock. It was already eight in the morning. If he didn't knew that it was a weekend today, he would definitely had jumped out of his bed in split seconds.

He pushed himself up, his blanket slid down to his lap. His shirt had rode up from all the shifting he had done in his sleep and his hair was a mess. He looked around his room once and yawned.

'Oh right...' He reached over to the night stand and grabbed around for his phone. He looked through his message log and sighed. Locking it up, he toss his phone onto the bed, grabbed a change of clothing from the wardrobe and went to the toilet. He almost hit himself on the door during the process. (He did stubbed his toe, however. He so do not need that kind of wake up call)

He bit his lower lips and took a deep breath. He walked downstairs and into the kitchen, the smell of coffee waking him up more. He stood by the door, watching as Sakura bustled around, making breakfast for them while Yuuichi helped and Kei laughing at some kind of joke that had being told. The atmosphere looked so light, so warm. Ryuuichi didn't have the heart to break it but he had to.

Kei blinked, noticing his eldest son's presence. "Good morning, Ryuu." He smiled, but it faltered when he saw the hesitation in the teen. Sakura and Yuuichi's voice soon followed after his as Ryuuichi greeted them back, smiling softly. He moved from his spot on the counter that he was leaning against and went to Ryuuichi's side. "Come on, let's have breakfast together"

He knew that his wife and youngest son noticed something was wrong with Ryuuichi as well, but they said and did nothing other than a small frown of concern. They need him to open up himself.

Ryuuichi nodded and let himself being pulled to the dining table. He sat down just as his mother set a cup of tea in front of him. He thanked her, to which she smiled in respond. Ryuuichi stayed silent soon after. He was debating on how to begin, somehow managed to berate himself in the process. They could see his turmoil, but patiently waited.

'Oh screw this.' "Umm.." They perked up immediately. "Can.. Can we all talk?" Nodding, they took their seat on the chairs. "Of course."

Ryuuichi clenched his hands and released it, only to clench it again. "Right... First of all, there will be guests later." He started slowly. "And, I'm sorry, Mother, Father. But I think it's time to tell the truth." Sakura and Kei turned solemn, nervous even. Yuuichi frowned at that, not understanding a single thing. "What truth?"

None of them answered him as he demanded again. "What have you guys being hiding from me? Ryuuichi?"

"Yuuichi.." He turned to his father and mother, who both sat in front of them. "We.. Your mother and I have something to tell you." His father wasn't looking at him. Why wasn't he looking at him? Yuuichi wanted to scream at them to just tell and stop the suspence when Sakura continued.

"We are mafiosi, Yuuichi." His eyes widen so large, almost as though it was going to bulge out. "W-what? What are you talking about?"

"We're freelance assassins." That had his mind swirling. He never thought that his parents are members of the mafia, let alone killers. He just couldn't. The thought of them ending one's life just doesn't sit well. 'No...' He clutched his temple, trying to deny everything. He was waiting for one of them to yell that it was all a joke. He wanted all this to be a joke, but deep down, he knew that it wasn't.

"You.. You knew?" He asked Ryuuichi. He scowled harder when his brother nodded as well. "Then you're in it as well?!"

Ryuuichi could literally feel the rage emitting from his brother. He knew that he would be angry. Like, who wouldn't? He didn't condemn him for that though. After all, Yuuichi had all the right to be angry at them, more so on him. He looked into Yuuichi's eyes. "Yes." Suddenly, Yuuichi grabbed his collar and pulled him up, his chair pushed back. Kei and Sakura was alarmed as they tried to stop their youngest son, but was stopped by one look from Ryuuichi.