Please Wake Up

It was as though everything stopped at that moment. It was as though time had froze just for him. And yet, he couldn't stop anything from happening. He couldn't. His eyes goes wide the moment the truck hit Ryuuichi and the girl. His brother's name ripped out of in terror, his heart beating against his rib cage, his ears, loudly. His body ran cold at the sight of his brother rolling on the floor lifelessly, never letting go of the child.

'No. NononononoNO!' He stumbled, pushing away the crowd and rushed to Ryuuichi. Falling onto his knees, he tried to shook his brother awake.

"Ryuuichi!! Oi! Open your eyes!" His hands were trembling against his brother's shoulder, desperate. He wanted his brother's eyes to open. He wanted him to stop sleeping. Everything was red. The thick red puddle of blood growing bigger each second passed, his hands and pants soaked in it.

"Ryuu! Ryuu-nii! Please!" He tried again, shaking harder. A pair of hands tugged him back, holding him away from Ryuuichi. He struggled. "No! Let me go! Ryuu! Wake up!" He tried to hit his way out, but the one holding him back was too strong. (Or is it that he had no more energy.)

And someone slapped him. "Snap out of it!" It was Reborn. He wasn't panicking. Why wasn't he panicking? Why?! "Don't shake him. We don't know the extend of his injuries. You might just make it worse." His voice are hard, but it was slightly shaken. He immediately turned back to the unconscious Ryuuichi, blood flowing down his forehead. He clicked his tongue and summoned his flames.

He paid no heed to the child as a woman pulled her away from Ryuuichi's tight grip, now slacken. The child wasn't that much injured other than some deep cuts and a potential sprain arm since Ryuuichi had shield off most of the impact. "Call the ambulance! Hurry!"

Reborn is by no means, a hitman who had seen a lot of this world. He experienced a lot of things more than anyone could ever imagine, accidents included. However, this marked as the first time someone he's rather closed with get involved in an accident. It had shook him more than he expected.

'Hang in there, Ryuuichi!'

He gritted his teeth and pulled out more of his flames from his core, ignoring the fact that there were civilians around. It's not like they could see his flames from how he had covered it anyway.

Amemori kept his hold on Yuuichi, face pale as he took in Ryuuichi's condition. His grip didn't loosen even after Yuuichi stopped struggling. He wondered at the back of his mind if he did that to help Yuuichi, or was it for himself. He swallowed audibly.

It didn't take the ambulance too long to arrive, yet it seemed like years in Yuuichi's eyes. He couldn't catch up with whatever was happening, but when he managed to register it, he was already at the hospital, sitting by one of the chairs outside the ER room. His mind was numb, his bloodied hands couldn't stop shaking.

The image of a very pale Ryuuichi, wearing an oxygen mask with the paramedic shouting things that he didn't understand flashed in his mind. And everything hit him. A choked cry slipped out of as he quickly covered it, tears spilled out before he could even stop it.

It got harder to breathe. It was so hard. He gasped, burying his face in his hands. A pair of hands grabbed his face, lifting it up. He still couldn't breathe. (Breathe, breathebreathebreathe!)

"..-Calm down, Yuuichi!" His eyes widen, sight cleared. His breath stopped as he took in the furrowed eyebrows, the brown eyes flashing in orange, the lips pulling thin. Since when Tsuna arrived? "Calm down, Yuuichi. Focus on me. Focus on my voice." He did as told. When did Tsuna got so matured? When did that happen?

"Alright. Breathe. Come on. In," He a mouthful of air. "Out. In. Out." He continued, listening to the voice and followed the pace. He did it until his breathing went back to normal. "It'll be alright, you hear me?" He nodded. "Ryuuichi is strong. Everything will be alright. Breathe, Yuuichi. Breathe."