Chapter 10

Warnings: It's a bird, it's a plane, it's blood!

~~~

     "I promise in the morning we'll get that fixed up... But right now I hear mobs and we don't even know where anyone is... So let's just find somewhere to bed down."

     Rob nods in agreement and with the support of Preston the two maneuver their way through the cold darkness, in search for a place to sleep.

~~~

~Preston's P.O.V.~

     "Ow! Preston wait!" Rob whimpers, clutching his leg.
     "Sorry, Sorry!" I blurt, drawing my hands back.

     After an uneasy sleep I stuck to my word and am now attempting to pull out the arrow lodged into his ankle. I watch guiltily as Rob closes his eyes and takes slow deep breaths. After a moment he hesitantly nods, slowly pulling back his hands. Once again I approach his leg, no longer bleeding but soon to be. The head of the arrow is the only thing stopping blood from spurting out of the wound. I'm such an idiot.

     Placing my hands on the neck of the arrow I snap the wood so I don't have as much to pull out and so I can slide the pant leg over the arrow and roll it up. Now with access to the arrowhead I throw the useless material away, locking eyes with Rob.

     "You might wanna look away and bite your sleeve." I suggest, watching as he does just so.
     "Just get it done with..." He mewls, fabric clenched tightly between his teeth.
     "Okay. One... Two... Three!"

     I tug with all my might and the arrow pops out, blood gushing immediately after it. Rob shrieks in pain, the fabric doing little to soften the noise.

     A few tears streak down his cheeks as I glance in horror at the amount of blood flooding out of the hole.

     "Oh crap! Um uh..." I sputter, looking around for something to stop the flow.

      I spin around frantically, not catching a glimpse of anything I can use. All that surrounds me is trees, bushes, and snow. Can't there be a tree that can grow fabric!? I plea in my mind, huffing in frustration. I look back at Rob and jump as I notice the large amount of blood already pooling around his leg. Instinct kicks in an I instantly reache under my hoodie, pulling down my black t-shirt so it sticks out. (Yes I know his skin doesn't actually show a t-shirt but for the sake of this scenario we're gonna pretend he does XP) In the blink of an eye I rip off a large strip of my shirt.

     "Preston, your shirt!" Rob exclaims, eyes wide as I ignore his statement and proceed to wrap up his wound.
     "You're gonna die of blood loss if I don't do this." I explain, finishing up a tight double knot.

     Rob opens his mouth to say more but before he can muster a single word a snarling blur is tacking him to the ground.
He yells out in pain and surprise, tumbling across the ground just as another two forms emerge. The wolves must have followed his blood! I realize in my mind, scrambling to my feet.

     "ROB!" I scream, whipping out my bow and shooting off the wolf upon him.

      The other two wolves growl viciously, the first one springing to its feet. Rob struggles to his feet, tumbling towards me. I pull back another arrow, sinking it into the stomach of the first wolf and successfully brining it down. Caught off guard the remaining wolves rush towards their pack member.