Chapter 1

Hi, people. It's me again. So as you can probably tell, I'm currently writing a new story. @GhostMonstah  has been helping me out and I think so far it's going great. 

THIS IS A MORTAL AU. DON'T BE CONFUSED.  

Also, I tried to stay as close to people's original personalities as much as I could but, some things were tweaked just to add a bit more drama and stuff. So yeah.

Shout out to whoever comments first! Anyway this is chapter one...

***

The bell rang as students spilled out the doors of Goode High. Annabeth and Percy exited hand and hand as they strolled to his car.

Annabeth plopped down on the passenger seat and groaned, "Ugh."

He suppressed a smile, "What's wrong, Wise Girl?"

She massaged her temples, "Nothing, I'm just tired of high school."

Percy smiled, "Everyone is, but look on the bright side. We're graduating soon."

"Yeah, well. That also means we're going to be away from each other," she frowned.

"Hey, it'll be ok. I mean, this has happened before, right? And we're fine," He reached over and stroked her cheek with his thumb.

Their high school graduation was only weeks away and college was looming over them like a dark rain cloud. Annabeth had gotten into Stanford, while he had just barely made it into NYU. That meant they had to live across the country. For four years.

Of course they could always visit each other during breaks and weekends and stuff, but it wouldn't be the same.

She closed her eyes and sighed, "I guess, you're right."

Percy started pulling out of the parking lot and said, "Let's go to my house. I'm starving."

Annabeth laughed, "Of course you are, Seaweed Brain."

***

Percy kissed Annabeth as if he would never see her again. Which was partly true. They wouldn't see each other for months. Percy was already dreading the lonely days to come without her. He breathed in her lemony scent, determined not to forget it.

They pulled away and Annabeth sighed glumly, looking away.

Percy stroked her cheek with his thumb, "Hey, it'll be ok. We've done this before, haven't we?"

"Yeah, I guess you're right," she closed her eyes and leaned into his palm. She didn't want to leave. She wanted to go back to his place and spend the day laying on the couch watching movies together and kissing and- just be with him.

This was the longest they would be apart since they met and she began to worry about them. She wasn't naïve, she knew some couples couldn't work long distance.

She knew couples who broke up after moving away and she didn't want that for them. It wasn't like she didn't trust Percy, she knew he would never do anything to hurt her, but...

The speakers above announced her flight to California was now boarding.

"I guess this is goodbye," Annabeth shouldered her bag.

"For now," Percy added

"I love you," Annabeth said

"I love you, too," Percy whispered, "Just come back to me, okay?"

Instead of answering, she kissed him one last time before lugging her things towards her terminal.

***