Everything is going to be ok

I glared at Hudson which felt like years.

He was just standing there, motionless. I didn't know what to feel glad, upset or utterly mad. The thick uncomfortable silence was broken.

"Ella, I'm so sorry", he said emotionally.

I stared at him completely blank with no response. He motioned towards the hospital bed and gently sat down. His light auburn brown hair, ruffled towards the side. His sparkly blue eyes scanned my body with a lot of fear. I quickly noticed the bags under his eyes and the puffy redness surrounding it.

I thought to myself  has he been crying over me... Never. He's a lying, back stabbing, cheating little .. bum, yeah let's put it like that.

"Why are you here?", I asked bluntly.

"Ella, come on your busy dying of course I'm going to come see you, you are my girlfriend right?" he said seriously.

"Jeez are you sure you don't want to go fetch your positive pants. I may be dying but that doesn't mean I can go cheating with best friends!", I exclaimed.

"Ella I don't" - I cut him off.

"No. Tell me why you cheated on me.. Firstly kissing random chicks on the beach and then turning towards my best friend. What the hell?", I almost spat in his face. "I'm kinda dying here, trying to survive to wake up tomorrow and you.. I choked up on my tears ( don't show your weakness Ella, don't) You have the audacity to come her and feel all sorry... What kak", I said before tears flooded my eyes.

"I promise you I didn't cheat on you, that chick came onto me and I pushed her off and as for your best friend I asked her for advice and  my mom and her mom are co- workers so they invited us for dinner", he said out of breath.

"Ella", he continued.

"We're soulmates."

"No we are not". "I've only known you for 3 months!", I shouted.

"No, Ella I've known you for 14 years", he said seriously.

"What are you talking about?", I asked confused.

"I was your first, your first everything boyfriend, kiss, smile. Don't you remember. I've known you all my life we where best friends. We moved to Australia and came back last year. Hudson, Hudson Smit". "You forgot because of your tumor, he added."

I did a double take, I did know him, we were vey close friends... I forgot he left, I've missed him.. He's right we are soulmates.

"Why didn't you tell me or message me that you came back?", I asked

"I thought you knew", he said softly.

Before I knew it my arms were tightly wrapped around his body embracing him. I couldn't believe it was him. An overwhelming feeling of emotion washed over me. All the memories slowly but surely start to flood back. Now wonder why he looked so familiar at the beach and when we used to date he always told me that we were soul mates.

"Hey, Ella.. ", he interrupted my thoughts.

"Don't worry because everything will be ok", he whispered down my ear.

When I suddenly felt safe, sucre and a sense of relief.
Looking at him, looking deep into his blue,blue eyes I knew he wouldn't ever do such a thing. He cared about me way too much and I knew I could trust him no matter what. In the end I truly and honestly believed we were soulmates... As clique and as corny as that sounds I couldn't picture my life without him and right now I needed him the most.

"We will get though this together and everything is going to be ok", he said seriously and just like that life felt more bearable. We chatted for hours and the last thing I remembered was him touching my hand while  'drawing' circles on them...

~~~~~~

I woke up to the nurses  entering the room to bring me my food. I sat up and noticed a certain someone's arms draped around me... I can't believe he stayed the whole night, with me. His eyes fluttered open and I quickly kissed his cheek.

"Morning", I whispered.

"Mmmmm", he groaned.

"Hey don't you have anything better to do than watch me die", I said moodily.

"Ella, don't speak like that", he warned.

"Like what!?!", I snapped.

"Come on don't be like this.. It's gonna be fine I know it", he said seriously.

"What happens if it isn't... What happens if this is the last time I see you", I said shakily while my voice just gave up on me.

"You won't.. You will see me everyday and we going to get through this no matter what", he said comforting.

"Ok", I said.

I had to wonder what is going to happen to me. I've never been sick like this before. Yeah. Yeah everything is going to be ok, but when the nurses rush into my room to do a million tests it tells me otherwise.

~~~

It been a about 4 days since Hudson told me his 'confession'. And in those 4 days I couldn't have felt worse. My pale white skin becomes more frail everyday. It's a struggle to eat, it's a struggle to talk and even walk. The doctors have giving me heavy heavy doses of medication as tags is my only way of survival. I have 2 more tests today and couldn't feel more nervous. These tests will decide if I need any life changing brain surgery. Hudson has stocked true to his words and everyday he has came to see me. I am confused about life. Not knowing what happens. Sitting on this death bed trying to be positive while the smell of sanitation haunts mu lungs.  I can't sit here any more trying to be positive when every time my parent walk in all I see is red, tear stained eyes and when I star into their soul all I see is fear and the sense of hope going down the drain.

Every day I keep telling myself it's gonna be ok.. But who knows what tomorrow will bring.

A/N:
Woah, hectic chapter! Hope you all enjoyed it. Plz comment and vote I would really like to know what you guys think. Sorry for the long wait.
XxxMegz