Chapter 7: A 'killer' preformance

"Low-rel?" The barista yells over the noise made by other customers of the Lima Bean: Lima Ohio's best coffee shop. Laurel's eyes widen as she realizes that its her name he's mispronouncing.

'Laurel isn't even that hard to pronounce' The clumsy blond thinks as she carefully heads to pay for her drinks. Today is her first day at her new job at Hummel Tire and Lube. She wasn't employed by Burt Hummel, the owner of the store, but because his wife instead. Not to fix engines and inflate wheels, but to keep Burt's health in check when she wasn't around to do so herself.

She still has 30 minutes until her shift starts, but considering Laurel's lack of transportation to her place of work. She is going to be 10 minutes late, Laurels converse clad feet sped up as she hurried to work.
-
-
-
-

"You sure you wrote down the right address?" Laurels ears pick up the words of the all to familiar sound of Ryder's voice. Laurels face goes pale as she darts behind a red car careful not to be seen. "Yeah, oh, Finn works here," someone else speaks. Sam. A familiar face at the homeless shelter from a while ago.

"And we're supposed to rehearse here," The guy with the dreads asks doubtfully.

"Guys, it's perfect," Finn pops up from under a car, shocking me and quite frankly everyone else in the room. "Kill two birds with one stone, I got to overhaul this jalopy, and you guys need to figure out how to be convincing grease monkeys."

"I've never even changed the oil in my car I can't fix this," Ryder surrenders with his hands in the air.
"I cannot believe you got this part over me," Jake mutters under his breath. Laurel angrily throws a screw at his head, and hiding before he can see the culprit.

"Right, right.Look, acting is about knowing the material, right? The themes.So, what is Grease all about?" Finn pauses as he asks the question hoping someone will answer. When no one do he continued ", Well, it's about fixing cars and getting, getting grease under your fingernails, and about signing a blood oath with your brothers to the very end," Finn answers his own question as he fist bumps Artie.

"Okay, but where should we? I mean, there's no stage or anything," Dreads remarks again.

"Look out there," Fin points in my direction as I cross my fingers hoping not to get caught. "Imagine an audience anxiously awaiting your arrival,"

"No need,I see an audience right behind that red Chevy Malibu," Jake walks over to the said car pulling a very resistant Laurel from behind it.

"Who's she?" Dreads asks, as Laurel punches Jakes arm making him retract his hand setting the blushing blond free.

"Laurel!" Sam cheers in recognition. He gets off the car he was sitting on and walks over to Laurel giving her a quick hug. "Sam! long time no see," Laurel hugs back making two boys in the room slightly jealous.

"Yea, haven't been to the shelter in a while."

"Shelter?" Ryder questions rather loudly. A look of panic floods both Sam and Laurels face as they think of a non suspicious answer.

"The animal shelter!" Laurel blurts out unconvincingly.

"Yep, we volunteered there," Sam smiles doing a better job at lying than Laurel who looks as if she's about to pass out.

"Puppies!" Laurel blurts out of nowhere, making Sam and many of the other boys laugh and grin at her nervous state.

"So now that that's established I'm just gonna go now," Laurel says close to escape from this embarrassing moment.