Chapter 2: Ryder Factor

"Get them up! Get your knees up," Coach Bieste shouts. "Let's go!"

A college aged student appeared next to her. Finn, I think. Throughout the day I see him and other McKinley glee alumni roaming the halls. Makes sense I guess, the school musical is coming up soon.

A wide receiver by the name of Jonathan comes up and grabs a cup of water spills it on the floor and chucks the plastic cup at me. Asshole

"You know you're hurting the starving kids in Africa more than you're hurting me," I yell at him while grabbing another cup and filling it with water.

Being the water girl is literally the most useless job ever. Most people just bring their own water bottles. Though it did allow me to hang out with Amber, a cheerio. Plus the occasional stalking my crush scenario.

Something must've happened while I was doing my job, because now Ryder was dancing. He's a good dancer, I'm pretty sure he's good at everything.

Again why am I such a creep?!

------
Eyes on fire. eyes on fire, as they burn from all the tears.

I hum to myself quietly. My mind wanders back to the singing I heard from the auditorium. Damn those girls could sing.

Study hall was my favorite class considering you didn't have to talk to anyone. Plus the Ryder Lynn factor which appeared quite often in my school routine. Though I barely talk to him.

I doodle mermaids on the margins of my note book paper, then Finn walked in the room quietly to talk to the teacher.

I try to avoid staring at him, but my curiosity gets the best of me when he approaches Ryder. My eyes wander over to them as I listen in

"Hey, what are you doing?" Finn asks as he grabs a seat and sits across from him

"Uh, studying," Ryder responds.

"In the study hall? I think you're the first." He wasn't wrong I mean I'm a total goody goody and I don't even study here.

"Uh I've got to work twice as hard as everyone else to do half as well" Ryder explains. I wonder why. "I'm pulling a c-minus average since I got here, and if I don't get it up to a B, my parents are going to make me quit football, so Whatever it takes, you know?I'm-I'm sorry who are you again?"

"Uh, Finn is my name.I graduated last year. Played football, too."He pauses a bit then continues. "Quarterback."

"Oh, Awesome."

"I also had a c-minus average in my sophomore year, but I graduated with a b-plus." I quirk my eye brow slightly and I'm pretty sure Finn noticed I was listening, though he didn't seem to care.

"Are you serious? How did you do that?" Ryder asks the question for me.
"Glee Club. Learning the music and the choreography, it just opened up my brain somehow."