Chapter 4: Auditions, and Amber

WARNING: This chapter changes to Third person in the middle of it.

After Ryder's audition I couldn't stop thinking about singing again, in public I mean. I've tried to quit singing permanently but I just ended up even sadder than before. Music is something that I can never abandon, even if I wanted to.

When I finish grabbing some stuff for the next couple periods, I head over to the bleachers. It was Logan, Amber and I's meeting place. Mostly because she had to go to Cheerios practice extra early.

I spotted Logan waving at me frantically. I head over to where he's seated and wave back.

"What's the deal with you and Ryder?" Logan asks as he throws an apple at me. Of course since I've got zero hand eye coordination I fail at catching it. Luckily Amber caught it before it hit the floor.

"Hey! Long time no talk," I greet and we hug. It's been a while since I've talked to her. Mostly because she was semi-popular at the school because of her cheerleader status.

Though she wasn't the typical bubbly blond cheerleader.

Leather jackets were always worn on top of her Cheerios uniform. The makeup she wore usually came with black eyeliner and dark lips.the only reason shes on the team was because it was the closest thing the school had to a dance program. Sue despised her for not putting her hair up so she was often at the bottom of the pyramid. So that's where she is on the social hierarchy. For cheerleaders.

"Ryder?" Amber asks confused. She takes a seat, and hands me my apple. I take a huge bite out of it and relish in the sweet euphoria of food . "What about him?"

"Laurel stayed after school with him for an 'audition'," Logan says putting quotes around the word audition. I blush profusely realizing that he thinks something happened between Ryder and I. I open my mouth to speak when Amber made a pissed of face and handed Logan 50 bucks.

"Amber take your money back, it actually was an audition!" I explain with a little bit of Apple flying out of my mouth

"Fück yea!" Amber cheered and grabbed the 50 dollars from Logan's hand, as well as another 50 dollars. "So what the hell was the audition even for?"

I take a deep breath, because I knew I'd be rambling about my day for a while.

"So yesterday in study hall," My two friends get comfy because they know will take a century for me to talk about.

-----
I step out of the girls bathroom and put on my headphones not really in the mood to talk to anyone. My hands feel wet, and I remember i haven't dried them. I roll my eyes annoyed at my self and quickly wipe my hands on the biggest surface. That surface just happened to be my hair.