Chapter One~ Laurel's Daily Dose Of Verbal Diarrhea

Chapter One~ Laurel's Dailey Dose Of Verbal Diarrhea

This takes place at The Role You Were Born To Play episode of glee and continues throughout there.

~°~°~°~°~°~

"Laurel, you have absolutely zero faith in me!"Logan complains jokingly. We were currently at the bleachers at McKinley High, 20 minutes before the bell for first period rang and I was sitting on the railing and Logan was behind me prompting me to fall over into his arms.

"That's because you keep making me do insane and really unconventional trust exercises which in case you haven't noticed isn't working!" I yell back. Carefully I swing my legs back over the railing and slowly set my feet back on the floor of the bleachers. I walk over to a pouting Logan as the wind whips my thick, curly blond hair to my face. I notice Kitty Wilde a pretty blond cheerleader screaming at us to get of the field because the Cheerios were warming up.

"Come on, we should go before her royal highness decides to personally kick us out of school," Logan warns. I smile and we part ways because our classes were at opposite ends of the school.

He and I became friends last year when I moved here from Los Angeles, it was freshman year and I took a wrong turn. Ended up in the boys locker room pretty soon I was carrying a bat, and yelling a battlecry, to get out of there. I had to return that bat to its owner and thats when i met Logan ever since then we became really good friends, really quickly i might add.

~°~°~°~°~°~

After class I dart to my locker being careful not to be seen or attract any attention. I'm a typical socially awkward teen trying to make her way through high school without completely humiliating myself. Other than Logan I had absolutely no other friends, probably because every time i try to talk to someone i end up blurting out random phrases and making a complete fool of myself.

As soon as I'm a couple feet away from the girls bathroom. I feel my shoulder collide with a muscular body. Ryder Lynn. He was one of the most popular boys in school, and i had a slight crush on him. After I laugh awkwardly, I start rambling.

"Sorry! I didn't mean to, I'm not saying its your fault because that would be stupid, unlike you because you're probably very smart. Not that i stalk you or anything like that. You just look smart but I'm not really one to judge a book by its cover. Even though that's exactly how you supposed to pick out a book. I'm gonna shut up before its to late. sorry!"

"It's fine, Lauren,"he says forgetting my name. I feel him push past me, then walk up to  flirt with Marley Rose, a nice pretty brunette, completely unphased by my Daily Dose of Verbal Diarrhea. I mentally face palm my self for being such an awkward creep. I skip the bathroom and head over to the auditorium. Whenever I feel lonely or down I usually sing about it i guess its because I'm better at expressing what i mean through song.

I walk through the double doors and head over to the stage picking up a guitar on the way up. I sit down on the stage and start singing.

[Breakaway By Kelly Clarkson]
(acoustic version)

{Laurel}

Grew up in a small town
And when the rain would fall down
I'd just stare out my window
Dreamin' of what could be
And if I'd end up happy
I would pray

Trying hard to reach out
But when I tried to speak out
Felt like no one could hear me
Wanted to belong here
But something felt so wrong here
So I pray
I could breakaway

I'll spread my wings, and I'll learn how to fly
I'll do what it takes till I touch the sky
And I'll make a wish
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway
Out of the darkness and into the sun
But I won't forget all the ones that I love
I'll take a risk
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway

Want to feel the warm breeze
Sleep under a palm tree
Feel the rush of the ocean
Get on board a fast train
Travel on a jet plane
Faraway
And breakaway

Buildings with a hundred floors
Swinging 'round revolvin' doors
Maybe I don't know where they take me
But gotta keep movin' on
Movin' on
Fly away
Breakaway

I'll spread my wings, and I'll learn how to fly
Though it's not easy to tell you goodbye
I gotta take a risk, take a chance, make a change
And breakaway
Out of the darkness and into the sun
But I won't forget the place I come from
I gotta take a risk, take a chance, make a change
And breakaway
Breakaway
Breakaway

I smile to myself and get up. My voice was a bit too high for my age, but I like the way it sounded. I put the guitar back where I found it. A cough fills the room and my eyes snap to the source. Before I could see who made the noise the person vanishes. Weird. I simply ignore it and skip down the steps and make my way to my next class.

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

"Here," Logan says while shoving a piece of paper in my hand while we were walking home. I look at it and open my mouth to protest.

"Before you say no, just stop being your stubborn self for once and actually think about how much we both love Grease, and how it would mean the world to me if you came. So put aside your petty little hatred for all glee clubs and go," he interrupts. I roll my eyes and eventually nod my head yes. He was right about the whole hating glee clubs thing. After Vocal Adrenaline I was mentaly scarred, and avoided anything to do with preforming.

"Yes! Amber owes me twenty bucks" he cheers. Amber Dawson, my only other friend had a bit of a gambling problem. Not anything in a dangerous way but she tended to bet on my love life quite a lot.

"Tell Amber to stop making bets about my daily activity with people who don't even know who I am. Actually tell her to stop wasting her money on my stupid decisions" I pause to take a breath and continue my rant.

"How does she even have that much money, her parents are middle school teachers?! But enough about Amber. How could YOU my best frie-"

I trip on a crack on the side walk and land ass first in the pavement.

Logan laughs at my misery and I glare at him which shuts him up.

"You're a lot scarier than you seem, you know that?"

I smile and stick my tongue out at him. His hand latches on mine and pulls me up.

I look at my but to see if I ripped my jeans and just my luck I did. I sigh and wrap my grey jacket around my waist to conceal my exposed underwear.

Just a typical Tuesday.

---------
Not sure how I feel about this yet. I've loved glee for a long time but I've never written fanfiction. And I'm afraid that if I get a scene wrong all the gleeks will get super pissed.

Not sure if there are any gleeks left since the show ended but whatever.

Don't be a silent reader. Give this chapter a vote. Or comment telling me how much you hate the book.

Here's this awkward gif of Tori Kelly aka Laurel giving this part a thumbs up

This is kinda a laid back book where IDGAF about editing or details.

Word count: 1310