dream

I open the door to our home and begin putting down her diaper bag and car seat. I take her from the car seat rocking her so I wouldn't wake her. Taking her to the bedroom. I kick of my socks and lie in bed beside her. My eyes are slowly blinking in the darkness. As I listen to the sound of her light snores my sleep deprived body goes still. After not having slept in so long my eyes drift, and my eyes fall asleep.

Her blue eyes, her pink lips, her dimples, that smile. My Tori smiles at me and pulls herself into me. She looks up at me neither of us saying anything; we're just looking at each other. Until she looks down at her lap. Helena lies across her lap smiling up at her mother.

"She's so beautiful." Tori says.

I nod not saying anything. She runs her thumb on her cheek before looking up at me. "I want the best for her in every possible way. I love her and you Niall." She lifts Helena placing her into my hands.

"Niall please promise me you will take care of her."

Again I nod, holding her in my hands and looking her in the eyes. She nods her warm hand touching mine. She stays with me holding onto me as I hold Helena. In the background the faintest sound of Bob Marley plays. And in that moment the air feels light.

After what feels like hours she pulls her hand away from me. She begins to walk away and I shake my head. She nods her head yes and continues to walk away.

"Do it. Keep your promise." And Helena begins to scream. The airy feel of the dream making a dark turn. I wake by the sound of Helena's cry and begin rocking her.

I take her into the kitchen and fetch one of her ready made bottles. I decide to change her diaper and then feed her hushing her back to sleep. Then my eyes close again and I return to my slumber.