Chapter 20

So sorry for the lack of updating I've been really busy with some personal issues and I have also been really busy with college. I'm back now though and updates are hopefully going back to normal.

Rachel's POV

I stared at Harry who was still standing in the middle of the corridor. I ran out as soon as I heard him punch the wall and I know it was something that Niall had said to him.

I stepped forward to try and comfort him but he stepped back, shaking his head "I wouldn't come near me right now" his breathing has increased and he's clenching his hands.

I ignore him and stop in front of him. I lifted my hand to place on his arm but then I remembered I have the necklace on and lowered it "What did he say?"

His shook his head again and let out a shaky breath "he wants me to take you away from here" his eyes met mine as he continued "he thinks we stand a chance against Damian if we take you away and hide you somewhere with more security"

I opened my mouth to speak but Harry continued "but we both know we don't stand a chance against him either way. Damian is smart and is always one step ahead"

"I'm trying my best to protect you as best as I can but we can't fight against him. I know what he's capable of and if he's spent the past 10 years looking for you he's never going to give up until you are dead"

I tired to speak again but Harry lifted his hand up to stop me "and don't say what I know you are going to say. I'm not going to let you die"

I sighed knowing that he won't give up on protecting me. " I can't lose you or anyone I care about. I've already lost my parents, I don't want to lose anyone else"

Harry had seemed to calm down a little at my words as he stood closer and went to place his hands on my face but remembers that he'll burn and lowered his hands.

"I will do everything to protect you. I can't lose you now that I have you"

I smiled at his words "it goes both ways"

Harry shook his head "I won't let you die for me"

"I protect you, you protect me. That's how it works" this may sound completely insane but I the moment came I'd risk my life for him and I know he'll do the same.

Harry let out a small laugh and smiled "what did I do to deserve you?"

"You saved me"

While making the decision, I reached behind my neck and unclasped the necklace. Harry's eyes widened "Rach, what are you doing?"

Before he could stop me I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him down the kiss him. He was surprised at this kiss but slowly gave in and placed his hands on my hips to draw me closer.

I pulled back from the kiss and smiled "I've been wanting to do that all day"

Harry broke out into a smile before leaning down and kissing me again.

He pulled back shortly after and sighed "as much as I enjoy kissing you, I think you should put that thing back on"

I pouted "but I want to cuddle with you"

Harry took one look at me and sighed "just for a bit"

I smiled victorious as I grab his hand and pulled him back into my room.

He laid down on my bed and I followed. He wrapped his arm around me and pulled me closer to his body. He sighed as my body curled up into his and turned his head to kiss my temple.

After awhile our position had changed to both of us laying on our sides, facing each other.

Harry took a strand of my hair and twirled it around his finger "I'm sorry about what I said earlier, you know about you turning"

He stopped playing with my hair "it just that my time with you is limited. I'll stay the same while you grow old, it's just I want to be with you forever"

Louis's POV

I sat down on the couch next to Liam and looked over at that blonde vampire who's already wooed over Kelly "do you trust him?"

Liam looked up from his book that looks like it's about to fall apart "He hasn't given me a reason not to"

I gave him a look "no reason other than he's a vampire"

Liam rolled his eyes and placed the book on the coffee "not all vampires are bad you know"

I threw my head back against the couch and groaned "not you too"

I looked over at Michael who has been giving the blonde vampire death glares ever since he started to talk to Kelly "he's the only one who's still with me on this"

"This is still about Rachel and Harry isn't it?" I turned my attention back to Liam and shook my head "it hasn't nothing to do with what ever it is with them"

Liam laughed "then prove it" with that he stood up and left the room.

I am over her.

Kinda.

Damn it.

I groaned to myself and walked upstairs to try to get some rest but noticed that Rachel's door is opened slightly.

I know I shouldn't but I looked through the gap and I wish I didn't.

There she is, laying asleep in his arms as he watched over her.

That should be me holding her.

My hands clenched at my sides as I turned around and ran down the stairs. I grabbed my jacket off the back of the couch and left the house without a word.

I walked to the closet pub and sat down at the bar. I didn't have to ask for anything before the barmaid placed a drink in front of me. I come here often enough.

I gulped the whole glass down before slamming it against the counter and watched as she filled it up again without saying a word. She's probably use to people doing it.

After a good few drinks I decided it's time to go home and went to throw some money on the bar when someone beat me to it.

"It's on me"

My head shot up at the unfamiliar voice. Some tall guy leant against the bar and smirked.

I gave him a confused look "and who are you?"

"I can help you get rid of that vampire for you"

I gulped down the rest of my drink as I took a look at him. He must be a hunter but last time I checked we were the only ones in this town. "which one?"

"The one that's currently laying in her bed"

There will be no update until the new year so I hope you all have a lovely new year and I promise there will be frequent updates from next week