Chapter 19

Rachel's POV

Harry looked at me with an unreadable expression before sighing "we should go downstairs"

I nodded and stood up and left the room. I could hear Harry behind me as we walked down the stairs.

In the living room Niall was sat on one side of the room while my friends were sat on the other staring at him, waiting for him to make the wrong move.

They all looked up when we walked in and Niall jumped up from his seat "does it work?"

Harry lifted his slightly red and blistered hand "it works"

I moved and sat in the empty seat next to Liam while Harry sat on the arm rest next to me.

I could see his hand twitching as if he wanted to hold my hand but couldn't.

I looked back at everyone else and noticed they were all looking at me.

I look down at my hands in my lap knowing they want to know what happened to me.

"I don't remember much. I just remember Louis and Harry arguing then I was in some sort of cellar"

I saw out the corner of my eye Harry lifting his arm as if to wrap it around my shoulders in comfort but realised he couldn't do it and dropped him arm back down.

Liam noticed this and did what Harry wants to do. I looked up at Liam and sent him a smile.

"He could've killed me. He had the chance and he didn't"

Michael leant back in his chair "why would he do that? Isn't that what he's been wanting to do?"

I nodded my head "he did have that in mind but he's not only mad at me for getting away"

Harry stood up from his position on the arm rest "he's pissed at me"

Harry let out a sound of disbelief "all because I broke a stupid rule"

Kelly looked confused "And what rule was that?"

Niall looked at Harry briefly before speaking up "to not have an emotion connection to a human"

Everyone looked between Harry and I and I couldn't help but blush. Harry and I haven't really talked about what is going on between us and I think we do need to talk.

"Damian made that rule shortly after his girlfriend died" Niall started to explain "we only followed the rule because he was there for us when we turned"

"What I don't understand is why he's after me. I was eight years old when it happened, I was just getting the grips on the fact that vampires were real"

"Didn't you say before that your parents were acting weird before that night" I nodded my head at Louis as I started to remember what happened.

"They started to lock me in my room at night and blocked my window"

"Your parents knew he was coming" I nodded my head and leant back in my seat "they knew"

Niall stood up and started to pace the room "is there a possibility that Damian wasn't after your parents?"

We all watched him as he continued to pace the room "what if he was after you that night. Your parents took the one person he loved most, maybe he was going to do the same to them"