Chapter 7

A/N: here's another update sorry it took so long!

Where are all you're comments 😩😔

Rachel's POV

I moved away from Harry as I paced the room "my mother gave me this necklace when I was little and I wore it every day cause she said it would protect me" my voice started to shake and I cursed myself for being so vulnerable "after she...died I stopped wearing it cause I couldn't look at it without seeing her"

Why am I telling Harry the story?

I felt Harry grab my arm to stopped me from pacing. When I looked up at him the looking he was giving me was sympathetic. His hand trailed down my arm to clasp my hand with his. His thumb ran soothing circles to the back of my hand as I took a shaky breath "I locked it away in a box but when you left I noticed that my closet was open and it was gone and I thought it was you cause you were there the whole night"

He squeezed my hand "I was there cause I wanted to be not to steal something that is clearly personal to you"

He's not even angry that I accused him.

" but now it makes sense that it was Tom, he has been following me for ages" Harry stepped back and ran his hand through his hair "I know where he lives, I can go in and confront him"

I immediately shook my head "no it's my problem not yours. I'll figure something out" Harry's hands clenched as he shook his head "I'm not letting you go in there. I'll go alone it's easier"

I crossed my arms as I stared at him "and how would you explain the reason why you want the necklace?"

He shrugged his shoulders "I'd tell him the truth" I cocked an eyebrow "you'd tell him you befriended a Hunter?"

Harry nodded his head "you're right I'll just kill him" I opened my mouth to speak but Harry stepped closer and kissed my cheek "please stay here" I sighed but nodded my head anyway which caused him to smile. He kissed my forehead before leaving the house.

Harry's POV

I've always wanted to kill Tom. I've hated him since the moment I met him. When he wants something he doesn't stop until he gets it and I know he wants something from Rachel, something that he's not gonna get.

Once I saw his house I grew even angrier. I'm so protective of her already.

I didn't even bother knocking as I kicked his door open to see an empty house "Show you're self you dick!" I walked further into the house but still no sign of him.

Once I had walked into the living room I was pushed into the wall. I groaned when my head hit the wall really hard as my body was pinned to the wall "what gave you the right to barge in here?"

I growled and managed to push him off me making hit the opposite wall. I watched his body fall to the ground with a groan "you've gotten stronger"

I matched over to his body and lifted him by his neck making him choke "you know exactly why I'm here" he managed to let out a laugh "it is true then?"

I threw him back into the wall making him groan out in pain "what's true?" He grabbed onto my arms and pushed me away "you're fucking a Hunter. Little Harry has finally grown some balls, too bad it won't last once Damian finds out"

I clenched my hands and took a step closer "he won't find out cause nothing is going on" Tom let out a cackle as he bent over "don't lie to me Styles, I know it was you who knocked me out"

I froze in place as he stood up straight and glared at me "you protected her then and you are right now, why are you doing it?"

I clenched my hands tighter making my nails dig into my skin "the only thing you need to is that you won't touch her with me around" Tom's face was full of surprise at my words before laughing again "oh shit she's your mate!"

"You do know that you can't be with her no matter what you do" I clenched my jaw as he continued "Humans and Vampires are forbidden, you know the consequences if you get caught let alone with a Hunter"

"Why are you telling me all this?" We've always hated each other yet he's trying to talk me out of wanting Rachel.

I watched as he walked over to to his coffee table and held up a necklace "because I know what it's like to lose a mate"

He threw the necklace at me and I was quick to catch it. I looked at him confused as to why he's just giving me the necklace.

He moved away from the doorway as he spoke "I won't tell Damian about the two of you"

I looked at him shocked that he's doing this "why are you not ratting me out?"

Tom sat down on the couch and looked down "losing you're mate is the most painful thing you'll ever go through, not just you but her as well. Even if she didn't know you she'll still feel it, same with you"

Rachel's POV

I've been sat on the stairs for awhile now waiting for Harry to get back. I was tempted to follow him but I knew he'd be angry if I did.

Why do I care if he's angry with me?

I don't even know why I'm this nervous.

The others haven't returned from their hunt yet and I k ow I'm the reasons as to why they're not back yet since I suddenly disappeared. I know once Louis gets back he's gonna be pissed.

I stood up when I heard the back door open and slam shut. I let out a sigh of relief when Harry walked into the room looking unharmed.

He smiled and held out his hand that had my necklace in. I couldn't help but smile as I took it from him "what happened?"

Harry looked a bit uneasy before he spoke "he just gave it to me"

I widened my eyes in surprise "he gave it to you?"

Harry nodded his head as he ran a hand through his hair to tame it "he took it to see what I would do"

I took a step back "he knows about you and I getting along?" Harry sighed and sat down on the couch "he said he wouldn't tell anyone"

I looked at him shocked "and you believe him of all people" He sighed yet again and nodded "it's complicated but yeah I do"

I gave him a look before letting out a sigh and sitting next to him. I rested my hand on his arm as I leant in and kissed his cheek "thank you for going anyway"

He turned to look at me with a breathtaking smile "I'd do anything for you"

He slowly started to lean in and just as our lips touched he pulled away and stood up "what's wrong?"

He stared at the front door before his eyes widened "you're friends are coming"

He quickly rushed over to me and kissed my cheek "Goodbye Rach" I watched as he ran out of the room just as the front door slammed shut.

Please vote and comment ☺️