Chapter 53

Emma's POV:

"And I'm back with food!" I shout when I enter the station.

"Ugh! I'm hungry!" David groans and basically snatch the paperbacks away from my hand.

"Where's mine?" Hook asks. I nod my head to where David is taking out his food from the paperback. Hook quickly found his food and open up the wrapper.

"Bloody hell." Hook moans when he took a huge bite out of the burger. David just keeps cutting his chicken chop and putting it in his mouth.

"Both of you are really hungry, huh?" I laugh. I take an onion ring and place it in my mouth.

"Yeah, probably because of fighting with Hook here." David says with food in his mouth.

"In my defense, mate, mobile phones are distracting object to most people." Hook defends himself. I have to agree with him though. If mobile phones have never been invented, I'm sure we would not live under such a negative society.

"It is but it comes in handy when we need to call or text someone." David sighs and groans at the same time.

"Yeah but it's complicated to use such device." Hook says.

"So this is what you two have been fighting about?" I ask with amusement.

"Probably." Hook says at the same time when David says, "Yes."

I sigh at their childish behavior. This is what happens when two, obviously stubborn men are put together in the same room.

"Well, at least it isn't a physical fight." Hook smirks.

"If you want, we could try it some day." David glares at him. "I would be really into it."

"Challenge accepted." Hook says with a grin.

"Killian, before you could even swing a punch at him, David would probably tackle you down." I laugh and lay my head against his shoulder.

"Are you saying that I can't handle him?" Hook asks while pointing at David.

"Maybe." I shrug and I'm still laughing my ass off. David smirks in victory.

"Don't underestimate a pirate, Swan. You should know that better than anyone." Hook grins. I scoff at his statement.

The three of us finish off our food and drinks then we get back to work, with Hook this time not bothering us.

~

"I'll see you at home, David." I say. It's already 10:00p.m. and David and I just finish our work. The three of us did not have dinner because of the tons of work we have to do. David and I ate pop tarts and Hook drank his rum as refreshment.

"You with the pirate?" He asks sternly.

"Uh, yes." I look at Hook to see him grinning like a fool.

"Don't stay out too late, Emma." David says, kissing me on the forehead.

"I know." I chuckle.

"And Hook, don't do things with my daughter." David warns him. By things, he means kissing or touching me.

"Aye." Hook replies sheepishly.

How It Begin || A Captain Swan Story जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें