Epilogue

Emerald's POV (9 years later)

I smiled as I stared at the three of them. Damon was in the ground, grinning and laughing with Dante, while Sapphire was sitting on Damon's neck, staring up at the tops of the trees. Oh, how beautiful they all were.

I continued walking towards them though the small plain that separated the castle from the forest. Damon noticed me then, his face turning towards mine and his smile growing larger.

"Mommy!" Sapphire yelled, jumping off of Damon and running to me. I grabbed her hand, laughing at her excitement. "Yes, baby?" I asked, only a little bit away from Dante and Damon now.

Sapphire frowned. "I'm six now! I'm not a baby!" She grumbled, tugging on my hand. I rolled my eyes and picked her up, carrying her on my hip.

I stared into her icy eyes that she had gotten from her father. She also got her stubbornness from him, but I wouldn't admit that to Damon. "You will always be my baby, Saph." I told her, planting a kiss on her cheek.

She scrunched up her nose. "You're mean." I laughed at this, finally reaching Damon and placing sapphire on the ground to kiss Damon.

He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me in and deepening the kiss. "I've missed you, love." He whispered. I smiled.

"Then maybe you should stop going on business trips without us." I reminded him, and he raised an eyebrow.

"You just had the twins. You needed rest. You clearly still need rest. I told you to get a lot of sleep." He said, his eyes narrowing in on the purple bags under my eyes.

I stepped closer to him, my hands on his shoulders. "I can't get any sleep without you."

"Gross, mommy! It's Dante time, not daddy time!" I laughed at this, leaning down to look at the little boy who had somehow managed to look more like me than his sister. He had his fathers hair and most of his facial features, but his eyes blazed the same green as mine. Even though Damon's icy blue swirled with the green.

"I'm sorry. You know your new brothers take up a lot of my time, but now I have time for all five of you." I smiled.

He huffed. "Stupid babies. I liked it more when it was just me and Sapphire." Sapphire nodded her head in agreement, standing closer to her brother. Oh, goddess, these two were always trouble.

"You don't mean that. You're just jealous that the babies need more time than you. But since one of you didn't want to be a baby anymore," I glanced at Sapphire, standing up taller, "then you should totally be fine with me spending more time with the babies, right?"

Damon chuckled, nodding in agreement.

Sapphire pouted. "Fine. But now I want to do something fun! Can we go back inside? Finn said he wanted to play before dinner." I smiled at this. Finn and Sapphire were the cutest little kids, and Damon, Alec, Sera and I all suspected they were mates. But we wouldn't know for another twelve years, so we stayed quiet.

"And OJ said he wanted to play me in the racing game, but he can't win against me!" Sapphire and Dante wasted no time running back towards the castle, leaving Damon and I alone.

I grabbed Damon's hand, following after the kids. I stared up at the gorgeous castle of ours, still in awe of its beauty. Damon walked silently next to me as I gawked at it.