Chapter 3

This chapter is dedicated to @lilawesome12 for being my first voter on this story. Thank you so much ily<3 and your votes make me smile.

Emeralds POV
I used all my strength and pushed him off me before backing up.

"I never will." I promised. Damon rolled his eyes and went back to talk to who I'm guessing was his beta. I leaned against a tree and looked around. Green forest surrounding us on all sides. There wasn't a path, or road, or any way to find my way out of here, in sight.

Crap.

"Alright, time to go home." Damon said, walking towards me.

I would have thanked him for taking me home but I knew better. He meant his house, not mine.

"Your house is not my home." I argued.

Damon huffed and rolled his eyes. "You're quite stubborn, you know that?" He smiled at me and I stood off of the tree.

"I try." He chuckled, and his laugh made my heart melt. It was so low, but it was a melodic sound that was left ringing in my ear. It quickly became my favorite sound- Wait, what? What was this mate bond doing to me? It was making me say lies, that's what it was doing.

Without a warning, Damon scooped me up bridal style and continued to run through the woods.

"Hey!" I protested, but Damon didn't even acknowledge me.

I looked around us and it was just one green and brown colored blur. It wasn't long before Damon stopped at a small clearing.

"Alpha Damon," The guards in front of us bowed. They were both extremely built, almost to the point of gross-built. Damon set me down and I noticed my veil wasn't on anymore. It must've fallen off on the way.

Damon put his hand on the small of my back and guided us forward into the packs territory.

"Don't touch me." I hissed quietly at Damon while I stepped forward so he wasn't touching me.

Damon's eyes got black with anger. He grabbed my hands, making Sparks and delicious warmth light up my entire body, and pulled me towards him, causing me to bump into him. "Listen here honey, I'm the only one who can touch you, so you better let me touch you all I fucking please." I flinched away from him and he let my hands free, but put a protective, incredibly strong hand around my waist holding me to him.

We walked forward until we reached an enormous house. It was by far the biggest pack house I've ever seen, and I've seen tons of pack houses. I used to visit all the nearby packs that had alphas my age so we could set up an alliance to make our packs stronger to protect us from the threat of alphas like Damon.

Oh, the irony.

I saw guards walking all over the place, stationed at random intervals. Damon continued to lead me across the yard and into the house. We got to the front door and the guard bowed and addressed Damon before staring at me and gazing at my chest a little too long for my liking.

Damon growled and pushed him up against the wall with his hands on his collar.

"Don't you dare fucking check your Luna out like that!" He yelled and before I could do anything he snapped the guards neck, killing him instantly.

I shrieked and cowered away from Damon.

Damon turned around and his eyes softened, a look of regret and guilt crossing his face.

"I'm sorry you had to see that love," He sighed, running his hand through his perfect hair and walking towards me again.

"Don't call me love and stay away from me!" I whispered in terror. I have never seen anybody die in my life. Most werewolves have, whether it be a rogue attack, or a public execution, but my pack never had those, and my dad always hid me away when we were at home until I was old enough to find my mate, even when we were being attacked.