Chapter 10

Emeralds POV
Damon ran out of the bathroom at lightning speed to me. I was still on the floor with glass everywhere on top of me, and I was frightened.

He was only wearing boxers and his hair was still very damp, but it looked hot.

"What happened?" He asked worriedly. He pulled me out of the glass, picking off the glass that was still on top of me.

"I- I don't know," I started. "There was a person, down there, throwing rocks. When- when they saw me they took out a knife," I looked around the room until I found it and pointed, "That knife. They threw it and well, now the window is broke." I answered, scared.

"It's ok, you're safe now." Damon wiped tears I didn't know had flowed down my face.

"What's that?" He asked, gesturing towards the piece of paper that flew in.

I shook my head, indicating I didn't know.

Damon picked it up and read it, and his expression got angrier by the second.

"What is it?" I asked.

He shook his head and crumpled the piece of paper.

"Damon let me see," I insisted, trying to take the paper.

"No." He growled. I stepped back in fear of his wolf coming out. His eyes darkened and he stepped back, still holding tightly onto the piece of paper.

"Please?" I pleaded.

"I said no!" He growled, making me flinch.

His eyes were pitch black now and his claws were coming out. He came towards me and cornered me into the wall.

"Let me mark you," He whispered. This wasn't Damon. It couldn't be. This had to be his wolf.

"No, Damon please calm down," I stalled.

"You're mine mate, let me mark you," He whispered seductively into my ear.

"Damon,"

He trailed warm kisses down my jaw to my neck to my marking spot. He started to suck and playfully nip the skin, causing pleasure to surge through my veins. The sparks coming from his touch gave me a high.

"Damon," I protested quietly. My whole body craved his touch, but my heart and head wanted him miles away.

"Emerald you know you want it," He said, coming to face me.

The sad part was, it was kind of true.

I sunk to the floor, crying. No, I don't want it, I repeated in my head.

Damon seemed to come back because his eyes were the beautiful blue grey they usually were.

"Emerald, what's wrong?" He asked.

I looked up at him with pure hatered. He had brainwashed me into thinking I had feelings for him. Him and the stupid mate bond.

"Everything's wrong, Damon. Including you. You and your wolf can't just expect to let you mark me! You're sick! You frighten children! You frighten me for goddess's sake! Everything right here is artificial, created by a curse that only let's you be happy if your with your freaking other half. What if I don't want my other half, huh? What am I supposed to do?" I screamed. He flinched with hurt before he put up a wall to hide his feelings.

"You leave." He commanded lowly.

"What?" I asked, surprised.

"If you don't want me, your other half, then go." He said, not even blinking.