Chapter 54

Emerald's POV

Hours later, I woke up with stinging wrists from the silver and a major headache, as well as being dehydrated and having to use the bathroom.

From the window across from me, I could tell it was dark outside, which meant that I had been with the man for hours. I had slept for a while, but every thirty minutes I would wake up again from instinct and the handcuffs, which seriously stung like a bitch and had been cutting into my skin and making my wrists bleed.

I glanced at the bed in front of me that was placed in the middle of the room. It looked so appealing right now.

In an instant, the plane lurched forward, send me off rolling over and my wrists were pressed under my body weight, making the silver cut in even more.

"Sorry for the trouble, we are just experiencing some minor turbulence as we land. We should get the plane under control shortly, your highness." The pilot told, his voice muffled by the poor speakers.

Then, the door opened and Nikolai walked through. He walked straight over to me and took a key out of his front pocket. Bending down, he brought the the key to my cuffs, he used his other hand to take the cloth out of my mouth. My hands were quickly released and I didn't realize how red my wrists were until I pulled them to my face to inspect them.

"Get up." He nudged his foot into my side and glared at my body.

I stayed on the floor, too afraid to move in his presence especially with the added glare, but that only seemed to make him angrier.

"Get up. I'm giving you five minutes in the bathroom to change and do whatever you need to do before we land." He snapped, and with whatever energy I had left I managed to stand up and follow him to the ensuite bathroom. I walked in and closed the door behind me, locking it quickly.

I used the bathroom quickly for the first time in hours, making sure to run my wrists under the water for a bit. It made the marks and cuts in the skin sting even more than before, but it had to be done. When I was done, I dried them off gently with the washcloth before looking up at my reflection and flinching.

My face looked absolutely awful, with the huge dark purple bruise on the corner my forehead from being slammed into a car hood, and my cheek was also dark purplish green from when he knocked me out earlier on the plane.

I slowly brought my hand up to my cheek, feeling the urge to cry. What if this was only the beginning? What if it got way worse?

The door burst open and he stood against the frame with his arms crossed. "Do you know how to fucking count?" He hissed, reaching forward and gripping my arm tightly, pulling me out of the bathroom and back to the main part of the plane.

"Sit." He ordered, throwing me down once again into one of the many seats of the plane. He glared at me and I just zoned out, stating out the window for the remainder of the ride.

***

From where we were, all I could tell was that we were somewhere in the mountains. There was a lot of trees and the greenery here was just beautiful, or at least it was until I realized this is where this monster calls his home.

I was suddenly overwhelmed by homesickness, and I wanted nothing more than to smell the fresh air that his parkland always seemed to consist of, to have a fun day with the girls, to be in Damon's arms just one last time before he could've kidnapped me.