Chp.4:New

It was dinner. Jess was sitting by me. "So Jess. You like my son "Dad asked. I dropped my fork. "Dad. She has a boyfriend "I said. "Oh"dad looked at his food. "Does red like someone "Danny asked. "Well I think he likes this kid named Max"Jess said.

Mom stood up. "Salt. "She said walking to the kitchen. I looked down. "Red"Jess asked. "I'll tell you later"I said. She nodded. "So what's your job"Jess asked. "Construction "dad said. "Well my dad works for a tech company. It's like a family up there. He's hiring. "Jess said.

Dad looked up. "Really "he asked. Jess nodded. "I can talk to him. He did say help him"she took a bite of her food. Dad nodded. "I like her red"dad said. "And Danny. Red told me you like to draw"Jess asked. She nodded. "I got to this drawing class at the high school. They allow eighth graders. "Jess said. Danny smiled.

"I like to sing"Ella said. "I will talk to the choir teacher. They allow anyone. In order to win that stupid award"Jess said. "Actually. Red likes to sing. You hate it Ella"Mom said. Jess looked me.

"Thanks Ella"I said. I looked down. "And red said your a teacher"Jess asked. Mom nodded. "I am always with the girls"she said Danny nodded.

"So red. You ok with me asking for the choir thing. "Jess asked. Mom and dad both at the same time said"Yes". Jess laughed.

(Time skip)

After Jess left I walked to my room. I lay on my bed. I see a piece of paper on my dresser. I pick it up.

Max's number. I gave him your
-Jess

I smiled. I put it in my phone. And went to bed.

On phone
Max😊