Feathers (Castiel fluff)

okay I have a problem. what is up with all of this black-wing fanart and fanfiction ect stuff? are their wings actually black? I always always always thought that their wings were so bright and so white that they literally were not visible to the human eye and radiated light, and that the black part was just their shadow. maybe that's universal and black wings are just a substitute because no one wants to write a fanfic where everyone goes blind, which I totally understand. but is it universal? am I crazy and not looking at this the right way??? please tell me what you guys think !!

"Godda- you can't do that, Cas!" You yell as you recover from the jumpscare Cas gave you. You were trying to walk into your bedroom, when boom, there's someone in the doorway. He literally appeared right where you were about to walk. Of course that's the only place he can show up. Of course.

"Hello to you, too, (y/n)," he answers gruffly and holds onto your shoulders. You sigh, give in, and slump forward, not even strong enough to put your arms around him, letting him pull you closer instead. He may have terrible timing and a terrible grasp on personal space, but at least he's here answering your prayer from earlier.

"Yeah, no, I'm sorry about that. I'm glad you're here, Cas. Hello. Thank you for coming," you soothe him as you nuzzle into his neck in order to soothe yourself a little. It's been hell for you recently (probably literally), and the boys are nice company to have in the bunker and all, but... they just aren't Cas.

"You sounded extremely distressed when you called. What is it you want me to do again?" you smile sadly to yourself, trying to take deep breaths as clueless Cas continues to be, well, clueless. You love the boy, no doubt, but he isn't the quickest when it comes to picking up on human emotions.

"Cuddles, Cas. I told you that I felt like shit and I wanted you to come and cuddle," you sigh again, and Castiel's stiff arms around you pull back so he can make eye contact with you.

"I am unfamiliar with that action. I think I am going to need instructions in order to appease you," he informs you, entirely serious, and you giggle softly. Even if he is out of touch, he's nothing if not cute about it.

"Was that funny?"

"Very, Cas. Now, c'mon, come lay down. You do want to appease me, don't you?" You taunt him and pull him further into your room as he shuffles reluctantly along.

"Yes, I do," he says warily, looking at you with concern on his face as you drag him with you. All you do is smile sweetly back at him and help him slide out of his trench coat, running your hands all over his arms as it drops to floor. He stands almost entirely still, giving you looks of surprise and confusion as you giggle more and undo his tie.

He points to his shoes as if to ask what to do about them, and you quickly help him slide his feet free. Coming back up from your crouch on the floor, you chuckle to yourself and place your hands on his chest in anticipation.

"Can I take off your shirt, Cas?" He looks like a deer in headlights, but you give him a reassuring smile. He eyes your cotton tshirt and you look down at your ratty pajamas yourself.

"I'm already comfy, I just figured you wouldn't want to lie down in your button up. It's okay to say no, I won't be hurt. The cuddles will be just as good, I promise." He shakily moves on his own for the first time, unsteady hands fiddling with his first button as he flashes you a weak smile. You grin right back and help him the rest of the way down, untucking his shirt and once again seizing the opportunity to run your hands over as much of his skin as possible while pushing his sleeves off.