Green Eyes... (Dean part one)

another two parter for Dean, I know. this is just the backstory to part two, which I'm thinking will be the main part, but i like this section a lot honestly. hope you do too!

-

"So... (Y/n)," ah, the sound of another drunk man's voice, reading your name tag through blurred vision, preparing a nasty line made to poorly seduce you under clouded judgement. There really was no job quite like bartending. You turn to make eye contact with this dude, fully prepared to tell him to fuck off, because you weren't in the mood, but after looking at him, you thought better of it. He was still drunk and likely a douche, but hey. He sure was attractive, stubble lining his stunning jawline. Several hot drunken douches had made a lame ass shift worthwhile before, why not give the guy a chance?

"What? Another round for you?" you leaned over the table towards him, smelling the whiskey on his breath and deciding you didn't care because in that moment, you could see his freckles. And man, his green eyes. "No offense, big guy, but you seem pretty hammered already."

"Yeah, well. Maybe that's true. But what I wanted was to ask about you. How about that instead?" you raise your eyebrows and lean back, not in surprise, but in victory. Green Eyes totally wanted to hook up with you. You were so getting it tonight.

"Alright, let's get down to business, pretty boy. You're very drunk and very much trying to flirt with me, yeah?" He gives a slightly shocked smile at your forwardness, but nods his head and takes the last sip of his drink. The blunt words took you off guard a little, too, but who had time for the whole cringey pickup line followed by a cat and mouse game? Not you, not tonight.

"Great. Now, stop me when I get something wrong. My shift is over in fifteen. You sure as hell can't drive away from here smashed like that. I've got a car, a bedroom, and rather attractive, young looking man sitting in front of me. We both know how this is going to go, don't we?" he kept nodding as you spoke, each of you growing smirks.

"Well, then, I'll see you in fifteen minutes, mister...?" You felt now would be a good time to at least grab his name. He started to say something, but then closed his mouth. Someone forgetting their own name? How drunk was he? Maybe this wasn't so great of an idea.

"Look, after tonight, we aren't going to see each other again. But you're right, I'm hammered. So I'll tell you my real name if you agree that I can sleep the night instead of crashing a car in attempts to leave your place, and if you agree that we aren't going to get attached or some shit because of it. Deal?" His words were harsh, but you figured you had given him the same straight up talk, and it was rather nice to hear honesty back. And it wasn't like you were looking for a relationship to start with.

"Sounds good to me."

"Perfect. I'm Dean Winchester. And uh.. you should go now. I see you running around to serve everybody here, so do what you can tonight. Because boy, tomorrow it's going to be hard for you to get work done that quick."

"Don't be so fast to doubt, Dean Winchester. I'm an agile one," you left him with his mouth hanging open, knowing the next fifteen minutes would be very very long ones for the both of you.

I want to say a hopefully quick but painfully cheesy thanks to anyone and everyone reading this at any point in time. even if you hated it, your time means a lot. (although I sure do hope you didn't hate it.) feel free to comment, vote, or do what I typically do and ghost through stories while mentally giving feedback. no matter what, I appreciate it loads.