Grilled Cheese (Pregnant!Reader X Sam fluff)

woah look an imagine about a normal life, a happy life, ahem ahem bring back Lisa and Ben cough cough wow something in my throat, something in my eyes too haha

"Saaam! Get your ass up here! I need to go downstairs!" you yelled to your husband, impatiently waiting at the top of the bunker's steps. Your swollen feet in addition to your huge belly meant the greatest evils you could fight nowadays were grilled cheese cravings and uncomfortable sleeping positions. You had to admit, you missed hunting with the boys, but just the thought of raising a gun made you tired, and the thought of Sam raising his made you ache. The thought of descending the stairs ahead of you made you just as exhausted, though.

"Coming! I'm coming!" Sam had been your own personal obedient puppy for the last month, as you were getting in the home stretch of the pregnancy, every second growing closer and closer to your daughter's arrival. Having a husband to escort you almost everywhere you went was partly endearing, partly useful, and partly annoying. It all depended on where your mood swing happened to be swingin', and you were surprised every time you woke up next to him, amazed he hadn't been scared off yet. Let's just say that Sam had dealt with terrifying things, sure, but nothing was more threatening than you when you were hungry. Nothing.

"Alright, okay, let's do this," Sam got that determined look on his face as he approached, and then braced one arm around you and under your shoulder as usual. You had to take it one step at a time, grunting each time your bare feet hit the cold stone. Stairs really had to be Lucifer's handiwork.

"Uhg. Thanks babe. I am so tired, I can't even tell you," finally on the main level, you let his arm fall as you waddle on towards the kitchen as usual, Sam following you and chuckling.

"You know, I bet you've told me already," maybe he was referring to earlier that day, maybe he was referring to the way you said it nearly every day, but you couldn't tell. Most mornings blended together. If you didn't have food in you, all normally functioning parts of your brain and body were rendered pretty much useless. And right now, if you couldn't get some grilled cheese and roast beef for lunch, you'd take. someone. out.

"I'm sorry baby. I know I repeat myself. But, speaking of tired..."

"Do you want me to add turkey or roast beef to your grilled cheese?"

"Roast beef," you let out a sigh, slumping into a chair you had moved into the kitchen for the times when you had to cook. Well, Dean had moved it. And Dean did most of the cooking. But that didn't matter. Point was, your perfect husband was about to make you glory and beauty on bread. His ability to know what you wanted and finish your sentence might've been miraculous if you hadn't had the same lunch order for the last two months. You knew you should be sickened by grilled cheese at this point, but even now as Sam smiled to himself and buttered bread for the pan, your mouth watered.

"Grilled cheese is a g-"

"A gift to this earth. The only good thing God ever did for us," he mocks you with a wide grin, turning to look into your rolling eyes as he starts up the stove.

"You know me-"

"-too well."

"Okay, you've really gotta stop that," you both laughed. Sitting in the kitchen, watching your husband lean against the counter as your sandwich sizzled, you felt like everything was going to be alright.

"So, (y/n), I've been thinking..." Sam's beaming face turned serious, but your giggling didn't falter. This moment was just too good.

"Wow, Sammy, I didn't know you could do that!" you took your chance to poke fun at him, and he broke back out into a smile he couldn't control. Shaking his head with laughter, he came closer to you, nabbing a stool so he could sit in front of you. He placed his elbows on his knees as he leant foreword, returning to all business and holding eye contact.